Chapter 122 - As Expected of My Miss!

"Noble lady, welcome to our humble library. What you might be looking for?"

When we entered the library, a white-haired, chubby elderly lady greeted us. I mean, Miss. She greeted Miss. But, that's only given. Miss is wearing exquisite looking white robes, while the rest of us are in a green, maid robes. Miss has offered me nice red robes before going out, but servants and especially slaves aren't permitted to wear red.

"Martial Apprentice techniques."
"I understand, please follow me."

I have been thinking this before too, but Miss really doesn't like to speak with strangers, doesn't she?
Oh, you think that talking with unimportant people is a waste of energy, Elder Sister Sand? But... isn't making relationships with all kinds of people important? What? You mean that I should improve my relationship with Prince Si? Nevermind then.

"Noble lady, all of the manuals in this row are Martial Apprentice techniques. Please, take a look."
"Nn."

The chubby elderly lady said and left.

"Come, Latifa. See whether something interests you. You guys help too."
"Awu~"
"Certainly."
"Okay."

And thus, the four of us started looking through the manuals.

Let's see, let's see.
Dance of the Wild Goose? Move through the battlefield with light steps like a Wild Goose?
Uhh, I'd rather something more graceful than a Wild Goose...

Fist of the Enraged Bull? Jab with the power of an enraged bull.
Hmm... bulls don't even have fists, do they? It doesn't sound graceful either...

How am I to serve someone as graceful as Miss while shouting something like "First of the Enraged Bull!"
Not that anyone would understand me, but still...

"Awuwuwu?"

Miss have you found something?

"All of these seem... mediocre."
"It's as you said, Miss. These aren't worthwhile to train."
"Hmm. Come with me."

Miss frowned and grabbed my hand.
She brought us back to the entrance where the chubby elderly lady was.

"Noble lady, have you found something to your liking?"
"Not really. Do you have any ancient techniques here?"
"We do, but... are you sure?"
"Yes."
"Hahh... all right, please follow me."

The elderly lady sighed and took us to the top floor of the library. This floor looks considerably smaller and really unkempt. It's almost as if they have already given up on it.

"You can find all of the ancient techniques on this floor. I'm truly sorry for the mess, but customers who come for these manuals are really rare."
"No problem."

The chubby elderly bowed and left us once again.

"Miss, these are all written in the ancient languages. Are you perhaps able to read them?"
"Let's find out."

Miss said and picked up the nearby manual. She looked at the cover of the manual and her eyes suddenly shot wide open.

"Yaponskiy?"
"Awu?"

Yaponskiy? What does that mean? Is that the name of the manual?
Miss is truly incredible for being able to read ancient texts!
As expected of my Miss!