Chapter 99 - Miss, Mommy, Sophia. Why Did Your Faces Get Pale Too?

"Fight!" The referee's voice resounds around the arena.

Immediately after he shouted, Miss Eleanor's eyes have narrowed, and the ground under Miss Fantasia cracked.
I have no idea what happened, but go! Fight her!

However, Miss Fantasia without any signs of difficulty sprung towards Miss Eleanor with a sword in her hand.
How do I know that? Of course, I didn't figure that out by myself. As before, Miss Fantasia is moving so fast my eyes can't follow her.
I'm listening to Mommy's narration. Right-hand swing (sword), avoided to left, left leg kick, blocked by the left leg, etc.

Yes, it's truly boring without being able to see what's happening.
I wish my eye had super powers.

Miss Fantasia exchanged attacks repeatedly, the match is much longer than Miss Tinesia's.
Does that mean that Miss Eleanor is stronger than Miss Tinesia? But, I remember Mommy saying that Tinesia was the second strongest in the tournament.
Muu... I think I will need to study more about martial arts.

"Awuu..."

Sigh...

"Awuu..."

Sigh...

"Awuu..."

Sigh...

"Awuu!"

I said sigh! Miss, hello! Latifa to Miss! Notice me, please!
Ahhh... this is bad. Miss is completely absorbed in the fight.

"Awu."

Hmph.
This is your fault, Miss!
Sophia~ Miss is ignoring me~

Yup. I went to complain to Sophia.
At least Sophia won't ignore me.

"I see, I see. Miss finds a battle between children much more important than you. Don't worry, Latifa. I will take a GOOD care of you."

See? As expected of such great maid as Sophia.
She knows how to treat her subordinates!

Just when Sophia lifted me up to her arms, I noticed that Miss Eleanor and Miss Fantasia stopped.
Each at one side of the arena. Mommy's usual nonchalant expression shows signs of surprise.
The cause of her surprise is... blood? There's a stream of blood flowing down Miss Fantasia's chin from her mouth!
On the other hand... Miss Eleanor looks unharmed. She doesn't seem to be a bit tired.

"Haaa!"

Suddenly, Miss Eleanor spread her arms wide and shouted.
A gust of wind rushed past, shaking the room we are in.

What's this?
Breathing... it's harder to breathe.
It's not painful or anything, but really uncomfortable.

Miss Fantasia's movements slowed down, and her face became white as paper.
How do I know her movements slowed down? That's because Mommy- Cough. Because I can see a silhouette, not a blur like before.
If I concentrate, I'm able to see Miss Fantasia's movements. On the other hand, Miss Eleanor is still a blur.

As the time passes, Miss Fantasia's movements are becoming slower and slower.
Her complexion is becoming whiter and whiter.
She looks like a ghost. Not that I know how ghosts actually look. But, I wouldn't be surprised if they looked like her. What I mean by that is that Miss Fantasia's fantastical beauty is getting drained away for some reason.

Crack! Crack! Crack!

The ground suddenly cracked under Miss Fantasia and continued until the entire arena was one large crack.
Miss Fantasia was brought down to her knees.

Miss, Mommy, Sophia. Why did your faces get pale too?