Chapter 2: Jin

Jin~ POV
-----------------------------------------------------------

   I hum to myself as I quietly walked down the halls of the hospital I worked at. I nod at my co-workers as I pass them. I was heading to the patient's room.

    Eun Bi.

   I approached her door and looked through the window. There she was, lying on the bed in her peaceful coma.

   It has been awhile and we as doctors could not determine the day she would wake up again. Eun Bi was only 17 when the coma got to her.

She was something special. I couldn't help but to be fascinated by her personality. She wasn't my patient, though. If she was, I would have taken better care of her.

   But then again, I wouldn't have noticed her if she hadn't said hi to me that one day in the café. Ever since then, she would offer me sweets when she saw me. I didn't know why she would always have snacks with her. I should have at least got the hint when she and her caretaker visited weekly.

   I should have known that she was suffering from hypoglycemia.  Although, I was one of those newer doctors, but I should have at least seen her symptoms and her eating habits.

   I was pathetic to be blinded by that. I was just so intrigued. Time with her was like a breath of fresh air every time.

    I can't tell if she will either stay the same or wake up. I just don't know. When she was "gone", I realized I missed her. I missed when she shared her strawberry pocky with me. I missed her daily smiles. I missed our little talks and walks in the park on my break time. She was very sweet.

    "Dr. Seokjin"

   I turned away from the door to see my co-worker, Nurse Yona.

   "Hmmm?"

   My focus was still on Eun Bi.

"Jin, she's obviously not going to die"

   I blinked a couple times after what she just said. I wasn't even thinking about that.

"Well, there has been a recently opened bar here in the city and I was wondering if I could buy you a drink?", she interrupted my thoughts.

   "I'm sorry, I don't drink and that's too generous of you," I replied with a subtle weak smile.

   I have to admit that I was being a little rude to my "noona", even she was older than me just a bit. She didn't like it when I hung out with Eun Bi, but she was nice to me when I first started working here, so I kinda owed her.

   On the other hand,  my mother wouldn't like it if I was out during the night. And I wouldn't want to too. I have to look over my ma.

   "I kinda figured you would say something like that, but it's a karaoke bar! It's the one linked with the Bangtan hotel, so it's nearby," she strongly spoke.

   "If it's for a little while, then sure"

    I can't meanly decline. That would be impolite of me.

   "That's great! We could go right away when our shifts are finished!" Yona said while grabbing onto one of my hands.

    I nervously laughed.

-----------------------------------------------------------

   On the way to the Bangtan Bar, I drove us to there with my car. The whole time she kept changing the radio channels. It was a little frustrating, but it was nothing I couldn't handle.

    She held onto my arm as we entered the place. Inside, it was packed.

   One of the karaoke machine was being used by two groups of people. And on the other side, the second machine was used by a group of girls. I don't think I'll be able to have a turn tonight.

   Yona and I made our way through the smaller tables and lounges to the actual bar, which surprisingly had available seats. There was one guy in the corner of the bar with a large amount of empty shot glasses.

   Alcohol was the only thing I smelled, excluding Yona's perfume. The bartender was a lady who looked like she didn't want to be here.

    Same, I didn't want to be here right now.

    As soon as I sat down Yona already ordered drinks and appetizers. She gave me a small dish with pickled radishes on top. Soon, I was served with dried fruit and "fun sized" fried chicken. It tasted really good and the radishes were refreshing.

    Yona handed me a cup of water and she giggled as I picked it up. I didn't trust it but the fried chicken made me parched. I took a sip and it was sweet at first, but it left a bitter, almost burning, aftertaste in my mouth. She laughed loudly at my reaction.

   " Hey! I told you I don't drin-"

    My words were cut off when her attention was suddenly darted to the door. My mouth made an "O" shape as I realized that it was one of the members of the Paper Gang.

    It was "Bunny". My heart quickened when I saw the notorious man. He was widely known for large scaled thefts and robberies. Bunny was always hidden behind a mask along with his other buddies. Which made the Paper Gang even more "dark". I tugged Yona's hand and gestured to the back door.

This has got to be the worst time ever!

    She wasn't paying attention. Fear was obvious on her face. That's when I heard a yell. I looked over and a man  has fallen to the ground in front of the criminal.

    Everybody started panicking and Yona screamed as she saw blood starting to pool around the man. My instincts told me to rush to the wounded man and I did. Bunny ran pass me.

   I was honestly afraid to ever be in this situation. I tried to talk the guy but he wouldn't answer me. What's worse that he reeked of alcohol.

   Yona was standing by my side trembling.

   "Call an ambulance or something!" I yelled.

   She pulled out her phone and swiftly dialed.

    I tried to see where his blood was coming from. When I patted his stomach, it was sticky with blood. He groaned in exchange.

   I heard another yelp and turned around to see that Bunny has put his arm around a man. The same man who was at the corner of the bar. He also held a broken wine bottle near his head.

    "One step closer and he's gone!" Bunny shouted over the commotion.

   I looked around and saw that Bunny was talking to a police officer with his gun out.

   Once again Yona screamed into my ear and pulled me up, along with the bleeding , dazed man.  Everything was happening in a flash.

   I watch as the man held hostage struggle to breathe under the gang member's arm.

How horrifying!

-----------------------------------------------------------
Enjoyyy <3
If you likey Vote!
(><)