Chapter 29: Could've

V~ POV
-----------------------------------------------------------

I watch as Suga approach our table.

"Hey," Jimin greets.

"My sister is with J-Hope," he blatantly said.

I whistled and Suga lightly punched me in the arm.

Jungkook and Jimin laugh as I slide over to give Suga a seat in the booth.

"Is your arm doing better?" Suga asks Jungkook.

"I feel like a brand new person," Jungkook joked.

"Anyways, what are you guys ordering?"

We all look at the menu hanging on the wall before we respond to Jimin.

"I'll take a milk bubble tea," Jungkook quickly replied.

"A cup of Joe," Suga added.

"Can I have a mocha frappe?" I asked.

Jimin nodded and stood up to get in line.

"So how's your case?"

"Actually it's pretty good and bad?" I answered back to Suga.

"We have clues and leads, but we're not sure how definite they are," Jungkook formally said.

"Speaking of clues-," I brought out the note with the address from my pocket and displayed it to the guys," I found this."

Jungkook grasped it and stared at it like he just won the lottery.

"V! We're heading there next!" He exclaimed.

Suga nodded and did three claps. I felt proud and happy!

"Good job V," Jungkook grinned.

Yesssss.

"How have you been Suga, I thought you were going to return to the Navy?" Jungkook questioned.

"Hehehhehe things came up and I haven't really decided if I wanted to," Suga trailed off.

None of us answered and I noticed that Suga seemed troubled.

"Well whatever it is, I hope things will go well for you," Jimin broke the silence as he came back with a tray of drinks and chocolate covered croissants.

"Thanks," Suga said to Jimin as we grabbed our choice.

Jimin gave the change back to Jungkook. We all made small talk, but mostly enjoyed the food. In the corner of my eye, I saw Suga's sister go to the bathroom and J-Hope coming over to us.

"How?" Suga asked as soon as he came to our table and pointed towards the lady's bathroom

"I don't know? Luck?" J-Hope smirked.

-----------------------------------------------------------

After our yummy lunch, I left tip at the table and left with Suga, Jungkook, and Jimin. We leave J-Hope and Suga's sister, Sunny at the bakery.

Jungkook offered Suga a ride and he agreed to it. We drove with the radio on. I played the kpop station as we passed by buildings.

My humming was stopped when I heard a gunshot.

Was it a firework?

No, fireworks echo, gunshots don't. And it's clear daylight!

Jungkook pulled the car over. I tried to concentrate on where it came from. Jungkook was about to drive again when all of a sudden, Jimin ran out of the car.

"What the hell Jimin," Jungkook muttered as he exited the car.

Suga and I chased after the two. I saw Jungkook jumped a fence to get to Jimin. They were both pretty fast.

As soon as I got there, Jimin was kneeling on the floor next to a dead woman. In her hands was a ripped purse strap.

"Oh my lord," I heard Suga whispered.

The woman was shot in the chest. Jungkook dialed for police to come and Jimin stood there silent. I walked next to Jimin and he said something lowly to me.

"I saw the robber ran away, if I had a gun, I could've gotten him"

Jungkook raised his brows. Suga backed off. I listened to Jimin.

That's crazy talk.

That's when I remembered. When I was in the supermarket with Jin and Jimin, I rejected him. I didn't give him the gun. That must've screwed him up.

I bit the inside of mouth as police came on to the scene.

I could trust Jimin.

But not with a gun.

-----------------------------------------------------------
A short chapter but character development I guess.
Enjoyyy <3
If likey plz vote!
(๑・ิω・ิ)っ