Chapter 3: J-hope

J-hope~ POV
-----------------------------------------------------------

    I sigh as I made my way down the BTS hotel inside a red elevator. It was another typical day. Another day where I could waste just drinking shots.

My days were always gloomy.

    Maybe I do have a terrible drinking problem or maybe I just like drinking. I don't know, but I guess I'm fine like that.

   No I'm not.

   As I exited the elevator, I stumbled on my right leg. My leg hasn't been the same ever since that accident.

    I walked over to the Bangtan Bar and smelled the same welcoming aromas. The great smell of beer and fried chicken was one thing that I could never forget as I stayed here at the hotel. It was just so inviting. And it made tummy growl.

    I pick my usual spot in the corner of the bar. My "spot" was more hidden in the shadows and I liked it. I had a good view of the tv screen too.

    "The usual please," I muttered even though the bartender already started once I entered.

    I glanced at the tv and the news channel was on. I was on the news right now.

    I laughed at my picture from over six months ago that was placed on the screen. The caption read "The Great J-Hope Missing?". Well it's more like keeping a low profile to be honest.

    I laughed more at my stage name. It was a name I used when I was on the racing track. I was a professional race car driver. I was really good at my job. I was "great".

   Until one day I had a car accident on the track and almost lost my leg. Things were never the same after that. My manager ditched me and soon I ditched my happy, cocky personality.

    People and paparazzi looked for me but they would have never guessed I "retired" to the BTS Hotel and Bar. Now I was fond of my new lifestyle. I find it very humorous that I was still on the news, but surely I was the best racer in South Korea.

    Well that title left, along with some of my investments and the healthier conditions of my limbs.

   I realized I have already created a stack of empty shot glasses. I decided to take a small break and eat some anju (Korean bar food).

    As I munched on different dishes, I overheard a group of girls trying to do kpop karaoke. They were happy and loud , loud enough that I caught some of their names , "Gally, Lizbeth, and Carla".

    It does feel good to be happy.

   It does.

    I resumed back to drinking more of my shots. Since I was "inspired", I ordered a much "fancier" drink. 

   Ginger Mule.

    It was a funny name but it was delicious.

   The group next to me was hushed for some reason, but I didn't pay attention.

   The atmosphere had completely changed. It was almost uncomfortable.

   Weird.

    But I didn't care or notice, I'll just move my seat to somewhere else. People were shouting and stuff but it was probably just one of their karaoke games. Oh well.

    I might be beyond tipsy, but I could still think.

   I think.

    So I got up with my drink and left some tip for the bartender, who suddenly was gone.

   I just needed some space. I began to walk to where I entered and something white and black bumped into me and my drink. The "ginger mule" dripped all over my shirt and pants and it was beginning to seep.

   "Watch where you're going!" I yelled as I pushed the person in front of me and I caused him to stagger. Something shiny fell out of his pocket.

   When I looked at the person I nearly had a heart attack. A rabbit mask was staring back at me.

   "Uh-"

   Before I got to speak, I was sucker punched in my jaw and almost fell back into a seat. The person put his arm around my neck and I choked as he tightened his grip.

   I heard the person yell something but I couldn't make it out. I attempted to escape and instead, I heard an object shatter.

   I peaked out what was next to me and I saw a broken liquor or wine bottle. I also saw a drawing on his wrist.

   Was it a tattoo?

    It looked like a crane?

I don't know!

    I struggled to inhale. It was starting to become very painful for me to breathe. I heard voices around me too.

   Standing in front of me was a "frightened" police officer aiming his gun at me.

   No, he was aiming at the rabbit guy. I gulped as I heard multiple gunshots.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Enjoyyy <3
If likey plz vote!
(o・・o)/