Chapter 17: Call

Jungkook~ POV
-----------------------------------------------------------

Suga answered the call and he looked shocked. "Bunny", he mouthed to me. I stood up, but Suga ushered me to sit down.

"Hello, finally someone picked up,"

That was not J-Hope's voice.

I walked around the couch and looked at Suga's phone. It was a video call. Bunny couldn't see me, but I could watch him.

"Looks like your friend J-Hope is in a pickle here!" Bunny continued to speak.

I cringed as I saw J-Hope leaning against a bathtub, squirming. I observed the scene and it was obvious he was in someone's bathroom. The lighting was dim, but you could make out facial expressions. The only thing that stood out, besides J-Hope and Bunny, was a pink shirt with a design on top.

Apparently Suga noticed too as his eyes lingered over to the unusual shirt.

"I'm not asking for much, ten thousand would suffice me, enough to return this guy back alive! I'll let you have until midnight to decide, but once 12 am strikes, say goodbye to the Great J-Hope! Oh I should tell you that contacting the police is useless, that just wastes time for you and for him! You know the number, just call me when you're ready to deliver the money. No funny business here, like I said No Police!!! Or else his blood is on your hands," Bunny bitterly laughed.

Before Suga could respond, the call ended.

Suga and I sat out on the couch trying to settle over the "news" that we had just heard. Bunny wanted ransom money from Suga before midnight or else J-Hope would die. Suga couldn't contact the police, but luckily I heard the whole thing. This whole thing was a regular crime scenario.

Ugh, Bunny.

"You saw the shirt," Suga immediately said.

"Yeah, what about it? It was just pink and weird," I responded.

"I've seen it before,"

"Where?!" I shouted.

There's a small chance to save J-Hope without calling the police and handing over ten grand.

"Wait I've seen it last night on someone," Suga put his head into his hands.

There was silence for quite a bit. I let him think as I tried to call Jimin and V.

None of them picked up. I wasn't worried since they were adults.

Seriously?! Did they turn off their phones or something?!

I frustratedly sigh. Still, my partner was not answering me.

"Rapmonster," I heard Suga say.

I give him a "what" look.

"When I was drinking last night at the bar, he was wearing that shirt"

"Are you certain?," I asked.

This could be our only clue.

"Positive," I heard him claim.

Rapmonster involved shouldn't surprise me. V and I have always suspected him of something.

"Let's go," I said as I checked the time. I grabbed my car keys and my police coat.

Suga raised his brow, but he followed me out of the apartment.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Although the market was nearby, I did not stop for V. Time was ticking and we needed to get to Rapmonster.

Suga and I rushed into the BTS Hotel looking for him. We received rude looks from some customers, but I didn't care.

A bellboy passed by and I grabbed him by his shoulder. I might have pulled a little too harsh when I saw the clear pain on his face.

"Where's Rapmonster!?"

The boy pointed to the elevator. Suga and I sprinted to there and pressed the button a couple of times. We heard a "ding" and the doors slowly opened. It killed me more as I watched for the people to exit.

As soon as the elevator was evacuated, Suga and I hopped on and closed the doors. Rapmonster was the "lift boy" here.

"Hey! You have to wait for the others too!" Rapmonster shouted.

I stopped the red elevator mid way.

Once he saw who he was talking too, he look terrified.

"Suga saw your shirt in a ransom call from Bunny, where is he?" I demanded.

Rapmonster gulped and he darted his eyes between Suga and I.

"Before I say anything, can we please take this outside? I don't want you guys to interfere with Bangtan's flow right now."

I didn't realize I was holding onto Rapmonster's shirt. I let go as soon he put his hands up. Suga pressed the button and the elevator resumed to its ascending.

We waited for about a minute to return back to the lobby. Rapmonster walked in front of us as we exited the building. He kept walking until we got into the parking lot.

"Ok, Bunny is my roommate," Rapmonster suddenly said.

Wow, that was straightforward.

I almost laughed.

"What?" Suga read my mind.

"I- I found out a couple days ago that Bunny was my friend," Rapmonster stammered, "Please, you gotta help me"

I bit the inside of my cheek as I rested my hand on my waist.

There's no point in lying right now and he's the only lead we have.

This has got to be one of the weirdest dilemmas I ever faced.

I sigh and I grabbed him by the shirt again and dragged him to my police car. Suga followed. I opened the passenger door and reached through the small compartment. I dug through the miscellaneous items and found what I was looking for.

I handed Rapmonster a black ski mask and Suga a gun.

"Help me first and I'll see what I can do," I directed it to Rapmonster.

"You know how to work one of these, right?" I asked Suga.

"Of course, I'm a naval officer, I can handle it," he smirked.

I unlocked the doors and Suga got into the backseat. Rapmonster was planning to go to passenger, but I sat down first.

"Drive us there," I said to him.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Yasss sugakookiemonster to the rescue!
Enjoyyy <3
If likey plz vote!
(●'ω`●)