Chapter 55: Wait For Me

Jungkook~ POV
-----------------------------------------------------------

I ran in and already fired my gun at one of the Bird Twins. The boy groaned as he realized V and I were here. The wound I inflicted on him showed on his shoulder. The crimson liquid spilled out.

I was nearly sick as I saw Suga spread out on the floor, his face was covered in blood and along with his arm. His eyes were closed, but they opened as soon as V dragged him away.

Suga's alright.

The girl stepped up to me and started waving a bloody knife. I did my best to dodge the blade. I received mere scratches, but they wouldn't dent me.

They wouldn't.

I felt someone's hands wrapped around my legs. The boy pulled me to the floor. I used my elbow to crush into his mask and face. I didn't want to fight.

I backed up and I heard V pulled his trigger. The girl gracefully moved around V's bullets in her injuries. She picked up a gun that must've belonged to her on the floor. We watched as she placed the weapon in her brother's hand and picked him up.

The boy gave several shots, but I ducked along with V.

They limped and ran for the front entrance of the bank door.

It was a terrible move.

They were surrounded.

I noticed that place was cleared of hostages, which was great. The bank was beginning to become crowded of the flames. I heard sirens outside.

Fire trucks?

Unexpectedly, Suga stepped in the twin's way. They easily shoved him out. V and I jumped and hopped over small fires. V coughed and my eyes burned.

We needed to get out.

Now.

A wooden beam fell in front of us and I felt the fire bounced onto my clothes. It was extremely scorching. It was hot enough that I could melt.

V darted across a small flame. I wheezed and crouched. I began to crawl. My eyes stung and I followed V out of the bank. V tugged onto me and I rolled out onto the bank stairs. There was a small explosion that came after us.

I coughed and I watched the scene before me.

I closed my eyes when I heard a gunshot.

The girl was shot in the back. She shrilled and fidgeted on the ground. I felt pity.

Suga kept his distance from them. V still held out his gun after firing at her. He looked horrified. Police circled around them.

"SIS" the boy screamed.

The boy turned back and held onto her hand. I pushed forward to the girl and he backed away. I placed cuffs on her.

This was such a jerk move.

But it's time, Jungkook.

"Leave! I-I'll give you an opportunity!" She sobbed.

Her crow mask fell off and the boy uncovered his too. They both were identical. They had blonde short hair and blue eyes. Judging from their appearances, they must have been in their late teens.

Why am I feeling guilt?

This is the Paper Gang after all.

"GO. Go without me, " she shouted.

The boy looked panicked.

"I-I can't! I'm sorry."

"You have too!" She insisted.

The girl did her best to give a smile, but it was weak and filled with pain. Her tears dropped and she choked out blood. The brother got onto his knees.

"I-I'm suppose to look after you! I'm supposed to protect you!" He wailed.

"Brother, you were good enough." She attempted another smile.

The girl held out a small, black sphere on her tongue.

Grenade?

"Goodbye," I saw her mouthed.

Once the weapon was shown, another gunshot was made from another officer. The grenade was gone and she must have swallowed it. I was anxious for another explosion to happen, but nothing was unleashed.

The diversion failed.

She fell to her side limply and formed a puddle of blood. The boy widen his eyes.

She was dead.

The boy screamed wildly and cried. He dropped next to her and exploded in tears. My heart clenched. This was cruel. I stepped back from them. V looked shaken up.

Oh God.

Why?

"No! Katherine!!!" He howled.

He continued to sob and some of the enforcements have turned away.

"I'm sorry, so sorry. Please. Wait for me," he begged and cried out.

Katherine, was her name.

The boy wiped his face and looked up to the sky. He didn't dare to view us. It was as if he and her was the only ones here.

"Wait for me," he softly said.

The boy quickly took out the same gun his sis gave him earlier. He held onto Katherine's hand which was still cuffed and aimed the gun at his head. I stood there shocked and frozen. V did not make a move. No one else did. The scene that played out in front of us was overwhelmingly brutal.

Bang!

Still clutching onto his sister's hand, the twin toppled over from his suicide and landed next to her.

The Bird Twins had left the face of the Earth.

-----------------------------------------------------------
RIP
Enjoyyy <3
If likey plz vote
( ˙灬˙ )