Chapter 6: V

V~ POV
-----------------------------------------------------------

"Oh-oh," I said as I realized that I spent my whole afternoon reading.

   I put down my "Case Closed" manga and leaned back in my chair. I have spent another day doing nothing, besides reading. I wished my seniors assigned me with another partner to solve an actual case already. Things were beginning to get boring here at the department.

   The reason was obvious to why I didn't have a "task". I was a newbie to the force. I trained under a professional criminal investigator for about a year and he was my only mentor. Once he was done teaching me, I waited to be given a job.

   And here I was, after one month I have finished thirty two volumes of "Cased Closed". I did try to find a partner on my own, but they keep underestimating me. I admit I have zero experience, but I wished they just gave me a chance. I had to be obedient, especially because of my rank and age. So I waited and I was afraid that I would be forgotten. I did little jobs from here and then, but they weren't a case.

I wish I was like Detective Conan.

   I was about to pack up when I heard someone calling through the police radio.

"We have a 10-64, I repeat a 10-64. I, Officer Jungkook requesting for some backup at 159 ganum-gu St."

   It sounded like he was out of breath.

Officer Jungkook?

   The young officer was known to have completed many diverse tasks, thus gaining a great amount of work experience.

"Ahh what should I do!?" I asked myself.

   I pulled up a map up and pinpointed the address. It was near the popular BTS Hotel. Before I respond to the call, I instead contacted the police department and reported it. The lady said that she was going to dispatch units.

   I was glad that I was able to do something. It was least I can do after all.

Wait.

   I rushed out of the building and into the parking lot. I could make my move right now. I started my car and drove my way to the BTS Hotel. On the way I saw some police cars up ahead of me.

-----------------------------------------------------------

   When I arrived at the scene, I saw an ambulance. There was a man being carried onto a gurney into the truck. Two people stood by and watched in worry. The whole street next to the hotel was flooded with police and press. I was intimidated.

Looks like I'll take the long way round.

   I walked around the block to see the behind of the hotel and bar. There were some people loitering and smoking. I steadily walked and kept my gaze away from them, anything unpredictable could happen.

   I halted as soon as I heard a loud smack.

   I turned into an alleyway that connected to the hotel.

   Aishhhh, that look like it would hurt.

   I found a man near the back doorstep, unconscious. There was a fresh patch of blood on his forehead. It looked like he was hit against the wall, judging from the similar stain on his head. I couldn't leave the guy behind.

    Ah, what to do!?

   I ran out of the alley and sprinted up the block. I did a sharp turn, once I saw an officer. I jogged up to him.

    There was a guy on the floor next to him.

   Oh.

   "Officer Jungkook," I tried to say calmly.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Sorry this was a short chapter for V. I just need one more perspective to introduce, so things will make more sense. I still have a long long way to go.

  Again Enjoyyy<3
If like plz vote!
ㄟ( ・ө・ )ㄏ