Chapter 40: Ambushed

V~ POV
-----------------------------------------------------------

I called for back up real quick while Jungkook kept aiming. The gun shots were nonstop. Jungkook and I retaliated, but Kitty has the upper hand.

"Jungkook, be careful!" I yelled after pieces of a window pane continued to fall and scatter.

A glass shard has scratched me on my forearm. It wasn't too bad, but it was like a large paper cut. The shoot out stopped for a second. I took this time to look out and saw that Kitty was running across the building.

I pulled the trigger for my gun twice and she dropped to the floor. Her white mask and black getup stood out the most on the bright day.

"V get down!"

I went back for cover and called for back up once more. There has not been a reply. My adrenaline was pumped. Jungkook was breathing hard. I was glad that his shoulder wound has healed.

"We need to escape before she gets to us," I said to Jungkook.

He nodded his messy head. Jungkook sprinted to the door. I got up and slipped on the owner's blood. I panicked as I was half a feet away from her. I checked her pulse and there was none. I flinched and gagged.

She's dead.

"V! C'mon!" Jungkook crouched at the door and placed his hand on the knob.

The door suddenly opened and broke off. I was knocked back by the pressure of the wind into a pool of blood. For some reason, the smell of blood stung my eyes.

Jungkook was pushed by what's left of the door and into a large shelf. The paints and glass or porcelain jars all collapsed onto Jungkook. It was a huge mess and he was buried under it.

Kitty rushed to me and speared me to the floor. I felt the blood of the owner of Faux seep into my shirt. I shiver and reached for my gun. She brought her own sniper rifle onto my hand and I screamed in agony. My gun flew away and I gripped onto my hand.

I was certain I heard my bones shattered.

I looked at the piled of rubble and Jungkook has not moved yet. I did not want to think about it, but I was worried.

Kitty gets up and touched my face.

"Wow biscuit, you look better up close!" She said with a large grin.

What the hell?

"You're so cute!" She continued.

I swing my unharmed hand at her and she dodged it.

"My job is already done, but I want to play with you!" She squealed.

I kicked her at her thigh and she backed up. I did not feel good. I felt like fainting. My hands were covered in blood and so was her mask.

There was blood all over the floor and on our clothes. She wore black but it was visible in the light. Kitty did not attack me. My dominant hand was beginning to be numb. The air was difficult to breathe in.

I was about to strike again when I saw the broken pile shifted. Kitty was too busy to notice the flying wooden paint palette Jungkook threw.

She was knocked to the floor near the window. Jungkook crawled out of the rubble. I stood there paralyzed. I was out of it once I heard police sirens.

Yes!

Kitty looks at me and stands up.

"Goodbye my lil' biscuit," Kitty says as she "blows a kiss" towards me.

We watch her jump out the jagged window. Gun shots followed after her. I leaned over a busted table and threw up. My system felt queasy.

Jungkook stumbled into a wall. His face was scratched and dirt stained it. I felt better that he was fine. He glanced out the hole where a window once was.

We were silent from the attack.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Jin~ POV

I was scared of losing my mother. I sat next to my mom who was still unconscious on the hospital bed. I took a day off to stay with her.

The doctors told me that whatever she drank, she had swallowed small amounts of cyanide crystals. I gulped once heard the news. The intake of cyanide was deadly.

They're doing their best to give a charcoal treatment for my mom. My mom hasn't breathed properly ever since. I'm terrified.

I know this was the Paper Gang's doing.

They were after us.

Memories of me hitting Hound with a gun replayed in my mind.

I screwed up.

Real bad.

I regretted now.

I bit my finger as I was left with my thoughts. What's worse was that the doctors weren't able to determine about my mom's health since she was older. I wished I knew more about this type of field.

I was a wellness doctor for children and young adults. I sighed.

It was past noon and I have not been home. I feared going back.

I finally turned on the tv and the news channel was the first thing on.

I was shocked to see that Detective V and Officer Jungkook were involved in a shoot out.

I hope they're fine.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Kitty makes an official debut ^^
Enjoyyy <3
If likey plz vote!
\(>0<)/