Chapter 8: Clue?

Jungkook~ POV
-----------------------------------------------------------

I waited outside the door as my seniors and captain spoke about my report of last night. I proposed an offer to let me lead this case and they were discussing it as of right now.

I was furious knowing that Bunny could have been captured.

I could have had him.

I just had to be stopped by a walking pedestrian. I should've seen that one coming.

I should have.

The worse part was that none of the other officers did not see or found Bunny. It was like he was a ghost. Bunny played us all.

My thoughts were interrupted as one of the captains opened the door.

"Sorry kiddo, we can't allow you to investigate this case"

"What!? Why?" I questioned.

"Well for starters, we don't have any fresh clues and the Jimin guy we interrogated didn't even see who pushed him. I'm pretty sure it's the same for the others who were involved. The Paper Gang is a tough nut. And the leads we have end up nowhere. If you have a clue then we'll let you take over"

My mouth dropped open.

Dang it. I need a clue. Surely there has to be something I seen last night that would hold accountable as a clue.

I sat back into my seat at my desk and racked my brain for last night's memories.

There has got to be at least something.

There!

When Bunny took the guy hostage at the bar, I noticed something under his sleeve.

Now what was it?

I buried my head into my hand and tried to concentrate. I furrowed my eyebrows as I try to excruciatingly remember the details.

Last night was beginning to become fuzzy.

A tattoo!

I got up so suddenly that I startled some of my co-workers.

I turned around and shouted.

"Captain! I got something."

-----------------------------------------------------------
V~ POV

I didn't want to be in the same building as my seniors right now. Specifically after they scolded me for not finding any clues.

I do have a clue!

I had names of some of the victims and witnesses involved in last night's incident. I heard that the officers didn't even bother investigating them as they assumed that they would hit a "dead end".

I walked around the block and I realized that I was near a precinct. I walked a little further and I saw his face.

It was Jungkook!

If I give him the list of names, maybe I could work with him!

He was inside a shop named Luxury. From the side I didn't see it, but as I approached I saw the shattered front window. I heard him talking to someone so I entered the shop.

He was sitting on a stool drinking hot tea with an old lady.

"Uh- Officer Jungkook"

I didn't know what to say since I felt like I intruded on something. The lady noticed me first before Jungkook did.

"Ah, Detective V, thank you again for the help last night"

I nodded.

"So this is one of the detectives! Wow, youth these days are really impressive. Here dear, have some tea and I'll let you boys talk." the lady, perhaps store owner said.

"Thank you very much," I told her as she handed me a steaming cup of black tea. The lady left into another room.

"V, what do you need?" He straightforwardly said.

"I- I want to partner up with you"

He took a sip out of his porcelain cup and stood up. He looked me into the eye.

"Sorry, I plan on working on this alone," Jungkook meanly declined.

"But, I-"

"V, I don't like being held back, sorry if I'm being rude, but I'm serious about this," he stated clearly.

I cleared my throat and looked back at him.

"C'mon Jungkook! I can help you interrogate! Don't look down on me now, please"

I don't know why I was begging, but I was desperate now.

He finished his tea and put it down next to the cash register. He shook his head and began to walk towards the exit.

I watched as my heart sank.

This could have been such an opportunity!

Jungkook stopped at the door and turned around.

"Do you know how to draw?" He asked.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Double POVs for this chapter !
The pic is only used as a reference for what Bunny's mask looked like!
Enjoyyy <3
If likey plz vote!
Σ(・ω・ノ)ノ