Chapter 42: Exposed

Jungkook~ POV
-----------------------------------------------------------

"Good evening Ms. Jade," I said as I walked in.

"Oh Jungkook! I just saw you on the news! Are you alright?" She asked with concern.

Ms. Jade stopped sweeping and pulled a seat towards the cash register, my usual spot.

"Actually I'm alright," I laughed.

"Ah I'm too old to be scared like that," she muttered.

I chuckled and was handed a cup of tea.

"What happened?"

"Just a run in with a Paper Gang member, no biggie," I said easily.

"Jungkook be careful!" She scolded and laughed.

I took out my sandwich and offered her some. Ms. Jade politely declined. I ate it with the hot tea and felt better.

"Has my step-mom visited?" I asked out of curiosity.

"Jungkook. It's only been a day. I haven't seen her, sorry"

"No it's alright. I'm too attached," I sincerely said and laughed.

"Jungkook, you told me you don't enjoy having her as your step-mom a while ago, how come you haven't let her go?" She questioned.

Ah some things have deeper ties.

"To be honest, I never really liked her. It felt like charity work every time I saw her and it sounds terrible, but I kept her around cause she was the only thing left of "family". My dad left her for me, and I don't know. I just don't want to forget my family history. I don't want to abandon it, but I don't want to keep it either," I spoke with my heart.

I'm a troublesome and complex person to understand.

Ms. Jade nods and pours more tea.

"Do you miss your dad?"

I thought about the question before I answered.

"Yeah, I kinda do," I said lowly.

"That's good that you have that kind of side Jungkook. You are capable of so many things, good luck with it," she inputed.

I smiled. Sometimes I needed to hear that.

We continued to drink tea and hold out random conversations. I finished the sandwich.

After a couple of minutes, I suddenly felt exposed with the front large glass windows for once. I didn't say anything about it, I just left it alone. It was close to midnight and I have to leave, but I didn't want too. I feel like something bad would happen.

Why am I having suspicions now?

Nothing's bad going to happen.

Right?

To the point where I was going to start stressing and tearing up, I said my goodbyes.

"Be safe Jungkook, it's dark outside," Ms. Jade lastly said to me.

I nodded and felt like crying.

What the hell Jungkook?!

Nothing's wrong.

It was hard for me to inhale.

"You too Ms. Jade, be careful," I choked out.

She waved me good bye and I walked off a bit. Ms. Jade smiled. I started to feel better. After walking three blocks, I was able to breathe regularly.

Maybe it was anxiety?

I'm still shaken up from morning. Maybe I'm just reacting late or something and my whole body is out of place. I'll return to normal again when I sleep.

Right?

I was halfway home when I heard the first gun shot. The next I heard was a scream for help. I did not waste any time running back to the shop. My face was wet as I bit the inside of my cheek roughly as I heard the second "echo".

-----------------------------------------------------------
Jin~ POV

I have once again, stayed overnight at the hospital. I didn't want to go back home. I was afraid of being attacked. My mother hasn't awoken and they say she really did lose consciousness. I've been praying and taking days off.

Guilt and worry consumed me. I was vulnerable.

Damn it.

It was not noon or early morning when Rapmonster arrived.

He came in with two bunches of flowers and puts one of them aside my mother.

"Good morning Jin," he greeted.

It looks like he hasn't slept well either. Rapmonster had bags under his eyes and he looked pale.

"Good morning too and thankyou for visiting, are you fine?" I asked.

"Are you, Jin?"

Guess we weren't both fine either.

"Are you going to work soon?"

"Later in the afternoon," he replied.

Rapmonster dropped into a seat and I passed him the remote.

"What happened?"

"Paper Gang," he only stated.

I don't think Rapmonster wants to talk about it or anything else. I didn't bring up Eun Bi or Mrs. Johwa.

Rapmonster turned on the TV and we watched the weather.

"I'll be right back," he says as he leaves with the remaining bunch of flowers.

I can only assume that he was heading to Eun Bi. That was sweet of him being the older brother. I watched a man present the weather in the local area.

Looks like it'll be raining soon. Rapmonster came back with a lighter mood. The next news was about a murder.

"Elderly owner gunned down at the high end jewelry store : Luxury. It is confirmed she is dead. The place was ransacked. Witness says that the suspects are the Paper Gang! Another attack! Be careful out there ladies and gentlemen. Now on with sports-"

I turned off the tv and sank back into my seat.

Why?

"Oh my god," Rapmonster croaked.

He had wide eyes and placed his hand over his mouth. He leaned against a table.

"Are you okay?" I asked.

"T-That's Jungkook's friend," he hushed.

Oh lord, the poor kid.

I heard something ringing and Rapmonster pulled out his phone.

"Rapmonster we need you here at the Bangtan Bar ASAP!" J-Hope yelled throughout the phone.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Enjoyyy <3
If likey plz vote!
_(._.)_