Chapter 52: Smoke

V~ POV
-----------------------------------------------------------

I heard more calls on the police radio. I was getting anxious. I was always was. The Paper Gang was uneasy. I wasn't shocked to see the large amount of police cars.

The red and blue lights filled the night sky. Each car surrounded the central bank. The streets were jam packed. Pedestrians strayed away with fright.

Even curious people have wondered out of their homes or shops to see what's happening.

Jungkook, Jin, and I jumped out of the car. We rushed to the front lines where other officers were. From up close, I could hear screams and few gunshots.

"There's hostages inside!" I heard someone warn.

Jungkook took out his gun. Jin backed away. We walked closer to the steps of the bank.

I could hear the clear screams. I shivered. Jungkook proceeded to open the door.

"You are outnumbered! You have the right to surrender!" an officer announced through a speakerphone.

Suddenly, the screaming stopped. I did not hear any gun shots though. The air began to feel warm.

The officer started to speak again when another explosion was made.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Jungkook~ POV

My ears were popped. The ground beneath me trembled. Jin and I fell to our knees.

I yelled something but it couldn't be heard. V tried to regain his balance, but fell to the floor.

The buildings nearest to the bank was a restaurant, a convenience store, and a fabric shop. It might've been my imagination, but I saw them shake too.

This was not an earthquake. It was an explosion from a small bomb?

Perhaps dynamite?

Well whatever it was, it affected the area around it greatly.

I was able to hear my heart beat and my breathing again. I was glad that my senses were returning.

Right away, I sniffed something. I regretted breathing deeply. It covered my lungs and I choked. I coughed and I heard others wheeze too.

It was smoke.

A terrible car screech split the air. Other police cars have followed that sound and sped away too. I can only assume its an escape car.

I tugged my shirt up to cover my mouth and nose. That way, I don't suffocate from the smoke. V was by my side.

I dropped to my knees again when gunshots were made. I crawled up the stairs. I hope my fellow comrades will cover for me.

The bank door abruptly opened.

I aimed my gun. I was shocked.

I saw Jimin.

He staggered towards out while carrying another person.

V ran to him but fell again when another explosion hit.

It wasn't too bad, but smoke engulfed any fresh air. I watched the flames spread quickly in the bank.

They set this place on fire.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Jin~ POV

I was behind V and Jungkook the whole time. I was able to stand when I sensed the second explosion.

I was surprised to see Jimin. He fell too. Other policemen shouted for me to back up, but I was a doctor.

I am needed at the scene.

I immediately dialed for an ambulance in case no else had. I rushed up the stairs. I think the others have entered too.

I go over to Jimin who is helping a man with a shoulder wound.

"Go! There's more!" He coughed out.

A heat wave stuck to me.

There was fire.

It swarmed insanely fast. I placed my shirt over the bottom half of my face. Beads of sweat dripped.

I did not see any other enforcements. I saw Paper Gang members in the corner of my eye with Suga, Jungkook, and V.

My concern are the hostages right now.

Sorry.

I assisted a worker and a fainted person out of the bank. I came back and helped the rest of the fallen hostages. I noticed that their hands were tied.

Each time I entered the bank, the flames grew wildly. I wasn't able to focus on the fight with the Paper Gang. I can only hope they're fine.

There was a gaping hole in the ceiling and one at the corner of the room.

Is that how they escaped?

Ambulances have arrived. Jimin loaded the truck with the wounded. Officers have helped us too.

I collapsed onto the stairs of the bank. I had a coughing fit.

It was hard to breathe.

I was able to stand by the help of Jimin.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Enjoyyy <3
If likey plz vote!
( ^∇^)