Chapter 53: Burning

J-Hope~ POV
-----------------------------------------------------------

I heavily inhaled and exhaled. It was stuffy inside the cab. I finally opened my eyes. I was shaking.

This was my second car accident.

And I survived.

I was getting anxious. I checked my limbs they were good.

Thank God.

My one hand was still holding onto Sunny's.

"Sunny?" I breathed out.

There was no reply. I searched for her pulse immediately.

Oh thank God again.

Sunny was alright. She must be blacked out.

I took off my life-saving seatbelt. I groaned as I leaned forward. The impact left me trembling. I couldn't keep still. The driver was swallowed by a white air bag. I didn't think he was conscious either.

His pulse was steady.

We were fine.

Although, I was the only one "awake". I needed to breathe and shake it off.

I fumbled as I tried to unlock the door. I rolled out onto the sidewalk. We had crashed into a streetlight. It wasn't too bad, but the experience was still frightening.

No one should ever go through this.

I can't get over the fact that I managed to survive again. I pushed unwanted memories to the back of my head.

Everything.

There it was again. A loud explosion, similar to a firecracker, booming through the sky. My heart jumped and I yelped.

What was that?!

It came from the direction where we were heading. I was about a block away from the steakhouse. In the far distance, there was police cars. I heard the sirens and gunshots in the commotion.

I need help.

It was dark where I was.

Should I run to them or call?

I stood conflicted for a minute when I heard an upcoming siren. Ambulances zoomed by me. I watched where they were going too.

A bank.

Now that I focused clearly, the bank was glowing.

No way.

A burning bank.

I made a quick decision and sprinted to Sunny's side. I was granted a better opportunity, hopefully.

Sorry driver, I'll come back.

I unbuckled her seat belt and pulled her out. She landed in my arms. I felt something wet and sticky layer my hands. Just from the smell, I knew what it was.

Blood.

I squinted and saw that it was coming from her head. Sunny had her eyes shut and her face showed agony. She must have banged her head against the window.

I carefully swung her onto my back. She was light, which I was glad for. She didn't make a single peep.

I should've called an ambulance myself, but would it be quicker if I ran for it?

I was not a track person, but I know I would make it. I had a steady grip onto Sunny's legs and started running.

I must help Sunny .

-----------------------------------------------------------
Rapmonster~ POV

We thought it was over but a second explosion followed not too long after the first one. The restaurant was in shambles. Plates have crashed. Drinks were spilt. People have ducked under tables and stools. Even chefs exited the kitchen to see what was going on.

It was clear that this was not an earthquake or a firework.

I was curious. I watched the staff tried to calm down their customers, but most of them flee. A hanging light crashed onto our table.

There goes the steak.

"Mrs. Johwa! Are you alright?" I shouted.

We were both under our table and I saw her nod. Mrs. Johwa had her face buried in her hands.

I heard her murmur a prayer. I crawled out and got up. The place was much more vacant. My ears were popped, but I was fine.

I was surprisingly calm. I looked around and lost my appetite. No one was injured, but I smelled something funky. It was a gross, burnt aroma. At first I thought it was coming from the kitchen, but I saw the staff went to check.

It was overwhelming.

I gagged and quickly placed a napkin over my mouth. A group of waiters and waitresses stood by the door. You would think fresh air would come in, but the thick air grew. I wandered towards the exit.

Across from the restaurant was the central bank. It was smoking.

What the-

My eyes landed on the group of people I saw. I knew who they were.

Sorry Mrs. Johwa.

They looked like they were in deep trouble.

I saw Jimin pulling Jin up. I see J-Hope hustling towards the ambulance with someone his back. I knew the others were here too. I ran as soon as I saw Suga get thrown out of the bank. V and Jungkook stepped out too.

What were they doing? And why were they all here?

I bit down on my tongue and halted once I observed the two people who came out.

Paper Gang.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Multiple POVs in the past chapters
Enjoyyy <3
If likey plz vote!
(ノ∀')