Chapter 64: Mistake

Jimin~ POV
-----------------------------------------------------------

Morning came again and there was no news of Jungkook or Rapmonster being found. I wanted to do something, but I was useless in these type of situations.

I, yet again, have escaped to the park.

It was a place where I could focus, but still breathe.

I sat in my typical spot and read my "new" newspapers. The papers listed different jobs and careers.

Still...

None appealed to me.

I should stay true. I always wanted to be a teacher or a tutor.

That was my goal.

I went to clean my glasses and suddenly the wind came by. A page of mine flew out.

I heard a yelp and diverted my attention to the brown haired lady.

"Oh no, I'm sorry!" I quickly blurted.

She laughed as she took the page off her face.

"It's alright," she said.

I have always seen her come here to the park, but I have never talked to her. Up close, I saw her better.

I shyly chuckled.

"Oh? You're looking for jobs?" She asked as she saw my highlights.

I nodded and scratched my head.

"Oh I thought you were a teacher," she guessed.

"I was once, but I didn't favor the school and its system," I replied,"How did you know?"

"I remembered seeing you on the news a while ago. It was with the Paper Gang?"

I nodded.

"Well I always see you here too, how come?" I curiously asked.

"I go here on my break time. I'm a professor at a college actually. By the way, your hair is very cute."

"I-I like your hair too!" I exclaimed.

She laughed and grinned.

"You seem nice, if you're ever in need of a small job, give me a call." She insisted.

I nodded. She took out a pen and reached for my sleeves. She rolled it up and I blushed.

I turned away as she started writing her number on my arm.

"The college I work at has a lot of available jobs," She added.

"Ah thank you!" I exclaimed.

I felt a little bit better. I was able to make a new friend at the park.

"Plus, I'd like to dine with you one day."

My face heated and I looked down, darting away from her eyes.

"I'm Jimin," I lowly spoke.

"You can call me Minji," she responded.

"I'm glad that I finally get to talk to you," she said as she handed me back my loose page.

"Same," I inputed.

We talked some more, but she had to leave. We finally exchanged our byes and I walked in off in the opposite direction.

I'm too awkward aishhhh.

I half smiled as I realized that there was another opportunity for me to stay here.

Hey, things are turning up better.

Waiting and thinking finally gave me something of use.

I'll take advantage of this moment and use it wisely!

Excited from my ideas, I didn't see the bat coming. I didn't see who had strike me.

I screamed as the blow landed on my stomach. The next one came to the side of my head. In an instant, my face was wrapped in a bag and I was blinded.

Something gripped onto my shoulders harshly and I felt my body being thrown.

-----------------------------------------------------------
V~ POV

I was exhausted, but I won't stop. I hadn't had a decent sleep ever since Jungkook and Rapmonster were announced missing.

I was occupied all night searching for them with other officers. I was determined. I still was even when they couldn't track Jungkook's phone down.

It was as if he disappeared in thin air, without a trace.

I'm tired, but still persistent.

My partner was somewhere out there.

I was about to leave the police parking lot when I realized I haven't checked my phone yet. I cursed under my breath as I forgot all about it.

C'mon V! You're a criminal investigator. Don't forget such things.

I was pulled in each direction.

This was eating me alive.

All the worries, factors, and disputes.

How long will it take for me to break?

No. I will not think of such things.

I may be new, but I'm not going down without a fight.

I looked in my car view mirror and noticed a suspicious black van.

I was about to go out of my borrowed car and check it out when the window to my side abruptly shattered. I jumped and quickly brushed away the glass shards on my lap.

What the?!

I scooted over to the passenger seat and unlocked the door. I kicked it open and escaped the car. My biggest mistake was not being aware of my situation.

In the dim parking lot, someone's hands wrapped around my neck. I was yanked back.

"Where are you going biscuit?"

I scratched her grip off of me and flailed my legs.

Kitty.

I reached for my pocket and pulled out a gun. She shook her head at me.

"Tsk tsk tsk."

I gulped as another arm wrapped around my neck. This time, it was a heavier. I bit onto the arm and heard a yelp. I was about to be free when I was knocked out by a simple uppercut.

My mistake.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Enjoyyy <3
If likey plz vote!
( 'ч' )