Chapter 26: Gone

Rapmonster~ POV
-----------------------------------------------------------

    After the trio, left I carried on with my business. Hours have passed and I have been standing by the door, opening it for newcomers and such. It was getting dark outside and my shift was going to end.

    Maybe I can go get a drink?

    I was about to leave the door when a woman caught my eye.

   "Rapmonster?"

    I looked into Mrs. Johwa's eyes and stared with disbelief. My ex-caretaker was here. For once, she finally reached out to me at the hotel.

    Why now all of a sudden?

     "Rapmonster, how are you?" She asked.

    "I'm fine"

      I was being a jerk. I thought I let go of the grudge already, but apparently I didn't.

    "Rapmonster, please don't be bitter when you're on the job," Mrs. Johwa suggested.

    "My shift is finished," I retorted.

    "I can help you find a better job, please," she begged.

     I shook my head no and turned around. My arm was tugged and I looked back. Even though the sky was pitch navy blue, I could definitely see that Mrs. Johwa has aged.

   "Why are you here?" I questioned.

    "It's been three years you left, I think its time to pay a visit when you were on the news, are you alright?" She said as she touched my head where the stitches were once there.

   I nodded.

    "Have you visited your sister?"

     I shook my head no.

     "Your doctor friend is very nice"

    "His name is Jin," I corrected.

    "You should visit Eun Bi"

    "When I have the time," I argued back.

    Control yourself .

    Mrs. Johwa tilted her smile and gave me a half smile. I bowed and we exchanged formal goodnights. She soon left and I went back inside the hotel.

    I like this job, I do.

    I sigh and realized she was right. I need to visit Eun Bi now.

-----------------------------------------------------------

      I still hate that I still easily obey Mrs. Johwa. I called a cab and stopped at the local hospital. It was excruciatingly nerve wrecking.

   Eun Bi, my younger sister.

    I sucked in my breath as I entered her room. There she was, just how I imagined her to look like.

    Eun Bi was in a coma, a peaceful one. Something pink laid against her arm.

    It was the doll I gave to Jin. He fixed it.

    I knew he had a knack for this type of stuff.

    I smiled to myself as I sat next to my sister.

-----------------------------------------------------------
V~ POV

    As soon as we arrived to Hound's cell, no one told us. Everybody else in the precinct was complaining about the recent small thefts and disturbances of the Paper Gang. The whole time, the night guard didn't even see Hound escape.

   God damn it.

   Jungkook ran his hand through his hair and cursed at our current situation. There was no clue on how he escaped, but the worse part was that they left a "note".

     The note was folded into a black origami paper crane. It read "Don't Even Try. Stay In Your Lane".

      This was a warning and we had one of the conspirators in our hands. Now we looked like fools chasing after nothing in our line of duty. Hound was our biggest clue.

    It was obvious that the Bird Twins were here too. They even left us two feathers.

    That was plain taunting.

    "What the hell" Jungkook fumed as he punched the cell wall.

   This just absolutely sucks.

-----------------------------------------------------------

     I let Jungkook take the "clue" and left him at his office. Jungkook wasn't too panicked or scared. He was just furious. I don't think it's smart to ignore all of the warning, but we have no choice to continue.

     I snuck into my old office and grabbed a fresh notepad.

   I have to recap.

     I already grabbed a pen and started scribbling.

    The Paper Gang must not be registered as citizens, so they're most likely illegal convicts.

    The Paper Gang has crane tattoos on different areas of their bodies.

    The Paper Gang includes Bunny, Fox, Kitty, Bird Twins, and Hound. Six Members.

    They all wear masks representing their names.

     Their masks are geometrically shaped, as if almost like constructed paper. Hence, the name, Paper Gang.

     The Paper Gang has access to cyanide gas and crystals perhaps.

     The Paper Gang's motive is unknown, but goes after money and fortune.

   "V, are you busy?"

    I looked up from my notes and my mentor was there. I grinned and got up. I embraced him and he smiled back. The older adult taught me the ways of a criminal investigator. He was one of the best in the city.

    "PD-nim! You're here! How was your case?" I exclaimed.

    "Well, I solved it, but it wasn't locally or nearby. It was more in the countryside. I heard you're tackling the Paper Gang case"

    I nodded and smiled.

   "I'm working with Precinct Seven's trump card." I proudly said.

     That was one of Jungkook's title names from the set of skills he was enlisted for.

  "Ah, the young officer. Well how's the case?" PD-nim asked.

    "Actually last night, we captured a Gang Member, but he escaped during the night. There was no witnesses." I gloomily spoke.

    "Hey at least you were able to get your hands on one of them! Cheer up bud, I believe in you"

    I did a toothy smile and my mentor pet my head.

    "V, after I finish reports, we should go eat out like good ol times," the mentor offered.

    "Yesss!" I shouted and we both laughed.

     "Hey remember to investigate at all of their place they interacted with!" PD-nim advised.

      I gave a thumbs up and we both exited my office.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Yusss back story time heheheehe
Enjoyyy<3
If likey plz vote!
Its takes one second to click y'all
╭(°A°')╮
    Black crane on the side for you