Chapter 2

October 12, 2013

Hey guys so I managed to bring my laptop over to Nanny and Papa's house to update. I'll post chapter 3 tomorrow if I can. Love you guys! :3 Also I'm gonna start putting the dates at the top of the chapters when I post them. Just so you guys know when I update. Lol I actually dont know why. I just decided to start doing it if I remember.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                We left the library when there was ten minutes left to get to class. I went in the opposite direction as them, heading to my first class. Math. Ugh. I also happen to have this class with Jacob. Oh, joy. Note the sarcasm.

…………..

                My classes passed by quickly despite the fact that Jacob is in every one of them and kept sending me smirks throughout the class period. Now I’m finally in my last class before lunch. Oh but guess what? Jacob sits right behind me. He’s been bugging me all hour, poking me with his pencil and nudging my desk with his foot.

                I felt him poke my shoulder again and gritted my teeth. I swear to god if he pokes me one more fuc- The bell rang shrilly to dismiss us and the students rushed out the door, including me. I’m hungry and I don’t want to be around Jacob for another second or I’m going to snap.

                Quickly making my way through the crowd of students to the cafeteria, I snagged a spot reasonably close to the front and grinned triumphantly to myself. That grin vanished quickly though as someone cut in front of me. Go on, take a guess of who it was. Yep, Jacob. Scowling, I reached forward and tapped him on the shoulder, crossing my arms and waiting for him to turn around.

                He finally did and that annoyingly handsome smirk instantly adorned his lips, pissing me off further. He’s wearing a white V-neck shirt that you can see his six pack through, his black leather jacket, black jeans, and black combat boots.

                “Excuse me, what do you think you’re doing?” I growled, glaring into his crystal blue eyes.

                “Standing in line for lunch. What does it look like?” He replied smugly, his eyes lighting up in amusement when my glare deepened.

                “Well I was here first.” He raised an eyebrow and turned around, his back now facing me once again. I huffed.

                “Asshole,” I muttered. His head turned in my direction, enough for me to see his raised eyebrow and grin.

                “I heard that,” he said.

                “You were meant to,” I snarled. He chuckled and turned his head forward again. He stepped up to buy his lunch and then went to sit at his table, all of the girls’ eyes following his every move. I rolled my eyes and sent him another glare, buying my own lunch and going to sit with Winter and Carter. Carter smiled at me and Winter looked up from shoving fries into her mouth, grinning. I raised an eyebrow and picked up my slice of pizza, taking a bite.

                Jacob finished his lunch quickly and I scowled at him the entire time he left while the rest of the girls swooned and drooled. Even Winter watched him leave, her pretty hazel eyes following him. She sighed when he left, the door swinging shut behind him.

                “That boy… he’s just too hot for his own good,” she murmured. I finished my lunch and dumped my tray, sitting back down and waiting for the thirty minutes left of lunch to be over. They give us almost an hour for lunch so we have time to go off school grounds and eat with our friends if we want to.

                My phone buzzed in my pocket and I pulled it out, curious to see who would be calling me during school. Winter and Carter are the only people who call or text me other than Mom and they’re both sitting right here. I highly doubt Mom is calling me right now.

                I looked down at the screen and froze at the name that I saw flashing up at me. What?! Why the hell is he calling me?! He hasn’t tried to contact us since he moved out so why now? Finally snapping out of my thoughts, I looked up at Winter and Carter. Carter is staring at me, confused and worried, and Winter is still stuffing her face.

                “I… uh… I’ll be right back,” I murmured. Despite the noise in the cafeteria, they both heard me and watched me leave. I rushed out into the hall, taking a deep breath. I answered the phone before it went to voicemail.

                “H-hello?” I stuttered, biting my nails and staring blankly at the white wall across from me.

                “Hey, Lyla?” I heard his familiar voice that I haven’t heard in so long and nearly broke down right there.

                “Yeah,” I croaked.

                “Oh thank god. It’s Landon. Look, I’m so sorry that I haven’t called or texted you guys since I moved out. I just… I don’t know. Everything just felt like too much and I didn’t know how to handle it. I thought that if I called it would make it worse and…” I listened to him go on about why he left and how sorry he was that he hasn’t contacted us, tears spilling endlessly down my cheeks.

                He stopped talking after a while and there was a long pause, me trying to put together a halfway decent sentence.

                “Landon, I… I just don’t really know what to say. I’m in school right now; I’ll call you back later,” I finally said, my voice cracking several times from crying. I didn’t give him time to answer and ended the call, putting my phone back in my pocket. I slid down the wall and sat on the cool, hard tile floor. Pulling my knees up to my chest, I wrapped my arms around them and buried my face in my hands as I cried.

                Someone cleared their throat and I instantly jumped up, wiping my tears away frantically and getting to my feet. Looking up, I saw Jacob standing there, staring at me.

                “H-how much d-did you hear? How long have you been there?” I asked, my voice cracking despite my effort to make it stronger.

                “I heard all of it. I’ve been here since you came out the door… Hey, are you okay?” He asked, his voice and face not holding their regular emotions. Instead he looked… concerned. Genuinely concerned. His eyes shined with it. I shook my head.

                “I… um…” I didn’t finish my sentence and instead brushed past him, hurrying back into the cafeteria to where Winter and Carter are still sitting.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Like? Love? Hate? Please tell me!!! I really need some feedback on this story so I know if anyone is enjoying it or not! Oh and the chapters kinda get longer as the story goes on. They kind of fluctuate. So far chapter 21 is the longest. It's not even done yet and I've already written at least 8 pages on word. xD