Chapter 31

3-14-14

So how have you guys been? c:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When I woke up the next morning Jacob was gone. I felt a wave of sadness pass over me when I thought about him always being alone. Does he-

“AHHH! What the shitnuggets?!” I screamed when Winter pounced on me. She ignored my little ‘shitnuggets’ comment and proceeded to scream in my face.

“Why was Jacob Daniels, the hottest badass of our school, at your house?! Is there something you’re not telling us?! Tell me! Tell me tell me tell me tell me tel-” She shook my shoulders violently until I finally managed to roll out from under her.

I got to my feet and she copied my movement, turning to face me with her arms crossed. I backed away a bit and she narrowed her eyes at me. I looked to Carter for help but he isn’t even looking at me. Sighing, I ran my hands through my hair.

“How about I make us some breakfast? Then I’ll answer your questions!” I rushed out the last part quickly and held up my hands in surrender when Winter took a step toward me.

She seemed to accept my offer and I almost laughed as we made our way into the kitchen. Winter can never resist as long as food is involved. It’s a wonder that the girl is so skinny.

There was a little bit of bickering between the three of us about what to eat until I offered to make chocolate chip pancakes and bacon. Winter helped me cook and Carter poured the drinks. He also offered to clean the dishes afterward but I told him that it was fine.

We got our plates and brought them to the table along with the syrup and Nutella. Hey, Nutella on pancakes is delicious. If you haven’t tried it then you haven’t lived.

I ripped off a bit of one of my Nutella-smeared pancakes and dipped it in the syrup, popping it into my mouth and almost moaning from the sweet taste. I don’t think I’ll ever get used to how good it tastes.

I took a sip of my orange juice and cleared my throat.

“What do you want to know?” I saw Winter open her mouth and take a deep breath but I cut in before she could speak. “One question at a time!”

“Why was Jacob here?” Winter stuffed a piece of bacon into her mouth without taking her eyes off of me. Carter kept glancing at me out of the corner of his eye as he ate. I shrugged my shoulders before replying.

“I honestly have no idea. He just showed up at my door and basically invited himself in. He claimed that it was because he could hear us all the way over at his house.” I rolled my eyes and continued. “And besides, it didn’t look like you minded too much when you guys were teaming up against me about the movie.” I shot her a glare when she let out a quiet giggle.

“Hey, it’s not my fault. That was all him. But I will admit that your face was hilarious when he agreed with me.” She choked back a laugh and her face turned red from the effort when my glare got nastier.

“Yeah well at least I know who to never let come to one of my sleepovers again.” I grumbled to myself. “What else do you want to know?”

She kept asking me questions like ‘How long have you guys been talking?’ and ‘Does he come over a lot?’

“Do you like him?” I started to choke on a piece of bacon as my face turned red and Carter’s eyes snapped to me. Winter slapped my back repeatedly until I stopped choking and then they both stared at me intently, waiting anxiously for my answer.