Chapter 9

11-9-13

I'm just going to start posting sometime during the weekends. I was trying to stick with just Sunday but I'm too impatient so...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                I woke up to my alarm at four the next morning, slapping my hand over the snooze button to make it shut up. Rolling over, I pressed my face into the pillow and fumbled with the alarm, shutting it off and putting it back down on the nightstand. I stood up and stretched, yawning loudly and shaking my head.

                Going into the bathroom, I looked at myself in the mirror and groaned when I saw my hair. It’s really messy and tangled, sticking out. Grabbing the brush, I started to work it through the tangles and finally succeeded after about ten minutes. It’s still sticking out weird so I got my straightener and went to work.

                It looks better now I guess. It took me a little less than thirty minutes to straighten all of it. Going back into my room and to the closet, I stood in the middle of it and looked around. I picked out a pair of white converse, black skinny jeans, and the same hoody from yesterday. I picked it up from where I had thrown it on the back of my computer chair.

                Something small fell out of the pocket and fluttered to the floor. Curious, I bent down to pick it up. It’s a little piece of paper folded in half. Unfolding it, my eyes scanned the neat handwriting and I shook my head, confused.

                Call me sometime.-Preston ;) 335-6472 (I just completely made that number up by the way so please don’t call it or text or whatever)

                I stared at it for a second. How the hell did he manage to get this in my pocket? I shrugged and put it on the nightstand. I’ll deal with that later. Grabbing my bag, I left the room and slipped down the hallway quietly and stopped at the top of the stairs. Hopping up onto the railing, I slid all the way down and landed on my feet at the bottom. I’ve been doing that for years so now I have it perfected. It’s really fun.

                Making my way into the kitchen, I poured myself a bowl of cereal and sat at the table, taking my phone out of my pocket to check the time. Almost five. Hmm… Quickly finishing my cereal, I put the bowl in the sink and got a pan. I made breakfast for Mom and Michael and then found a piece of paper and pen.

                Mom, I left early today. I made some eggs and toast for you guys. Have a good day! Can you tell Michael that I love him please? Love you both! <3

                I put it on the counter beside the coffee maker. She’ll see it there. Scooping my phone off of the table and tucking it into my back pocket, I went out the front door and locked it behind me. Walking down the driveway, I hummed quietly to myself and put in my ear phones, turning the volume up all the way.

                ‘The Kill’ by 30 Seconds to Mars blared in my ears and I smiled. I love this song.

                “What if I wanted to break? Laugh it all off in your… face. What would you do? What if I fell to the floor? Couldn’t take this anymore! What would you do…” I sang quietly to myself as I walked to school. This song is so addicting, I swear. If you haven’t before, listen to it and you’ll see what I’m talking about.

                The lead singer of the band, Jared, reminds me of Jacob in a way.  They both have light eyes and long black hair. They don’t really look alike but those small similarities remind me of Jacob. I watched this video once when Jared was at a concert and some fans ripped off his shirt. It’s definitely safe to say that I was drooling. I mean, have you seen the guy’s body? I shook my head to clear it of those thoughts and heard the familiar roar of Jacob’s motorcycle. Speak, or in this case, think, of the devil and he shall appear.