Chapter 27

2-24-14

I'm just going to tell you now that this chapter is extremely short. But it's also the start of a whole new drama thingy between Lyla and Jacob so... :/

I guess it's up to you whether that's a good thing or not. xD

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My gaze met with the all-too-familiar blue eyes that I’ve grown extremely used to in the past month or two. They softened slightly when he saw the obvious fear in my expression. My body relaxed and I stopped struggling but my heart actually sped up, fluttering in my chest like a hummingbird’s wings. I swear to god I’m going to end up having a heart attack one of these days.

“Jacob?!” He smirked. I glanced around briefly and realized that he pulled me into a janitor’s closet.

Oh god. I’m in a janitor’s closet. With a boy. Alone. And the boy just so happens to be a bad boy/player who goes by the name of Jacob Daniels. How do I get myself into these situations?

“So...what was that about in the lunch room?” I didn’t answer his question and instead looked down, refusing to meet his eyes. It was silent for a while. His smell engulfed me and I breathed it in. He smells so good.

One of the hands that he had resting on my hips slowly trailed up over my hipbone and over the curve of my waist. I shivered but still kept my eyes down. He drew circles on my skin through the shirt, causing pleasant tingles to spread throughout my body from the action.

I felt his gaze burning into me, gauging my reaction. I can picture the smug smirk on his lips perfectly. And I know for a fact without even looking up that it’s there now.

“Because it seems to me,” he breathed, his minty breath rolling softly down my neck. Another shiver raced down my spine. “that someone was a little jealous.” I tensed up and tried to pull away but before I could even move an inch he had me pressed against the wall.

The breath caught in my throat and I felt my cheeks heat up when he moved closer, standing so our bodies are right beside each other, but still not touching. His smirk grew smugger since he obviously got the reaction that he wanted out of me.

“L-let me go,” I demanded, cursing myself for stuttering. I was trying to sound strong and firm but instead my voice came out quiet and shaky. Damn this boy and damn my feelings for him. It makes it so much easier for him to get the reactions he’s looking for with little to no effort on his part.

He chuckled under his breath and I had to stop myself from shivering yet again. Holy shit. It should be illegal for a laugh to be that sexy.

“You’ll give in eventually. I always get what I want, and I want you.” I somehow managed to keep my face completely void of all emotion and willed my body to not tense up.

“Well we all want a lot of things that we can’t have.” For a second he looked angry and I got scared. Is he going to hit me or something? I started to shrink down a bit but then calmed down when I saw amusement take over as his lips twisted into that sinfully sexy smirk of his. My eyes widened a bit and when I went to pull out of his grasp he let me go easily, watching as I opened the door and left the closet with legs like jelly.

The gleam in Jacob’s eyes told me that I’m in trouble. I just challenged him by basically saying that he won’t be able to charm me into sleeping with him like those other girls. From what I’ve seen and read about players, that is the worst thing you could do if you want them to leave you alone.

I just happened to challenge someone who is not only a player, but a bad boy as well. And from the look on his face I can tell that he accepted it.

Well, I just dug myself a twenty-foot deep hole.

And then flung myself into it headfirst without any hope of getting out.

I’ll ask again: How do I always find myself in these situations?!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aww poor Lyla. She keeps getting herself involved in things she doesn't want to be involved in.

Or does she?...

*wink wink*

Hehe anyways so I hope you liked the chapter and that you'll stick around for the next one. :3