Chapter 42

5-18-14

I hope you likeyz! :3

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ugh. It’s only Wednesday. I’m really excited to go on the date with Jacob. I still get butterflies every time I think about it. I can tell that the rest of this week is going to go by so slow and it sucks.

Jacob left before Mom woke up to take a shower and get ready at his house. He told me to be ready to leave by the time he gets back over here since he wants to bring me to school.

I’m happy that he’s being so sweet but I’m also kind of worried since we’re not official. I don’t want people at school getting any ideas when we don’t know what’s going to happen to… whatever it is that we have. I really hope that it lasts but you never know.

Winter texted me before I woke up that she’s sick and Carter is at the hospital with Lizzy again so neither one of them will be at school. I feel so bad for him and his family. When they think his sister is getting better she just keeps backtracking and ending up in the emergency room again. I really hope she gets better soon.

I grabbed my iPod and my clothes for the day and went to take a shower. I was done in less than ten minutes and then I blow dried and straightened my hair.

I really need to get my bangs trimmed again.

I checked my outfit yet again in the mirror. My favorite pair of ripped white skinny jeans, black converse, and my ‘Fashionably Late’ Falling in Reverse shirt. I haven’t worn it in a while.

When I went downstairs I saw Mom standing in front of the stove making eggs and bacon. I stole a piece off of the plate and she tried to smack my hand with the spatula playfully. I smiled and crinkled my nose at her teasingly as I took a bite of the pure deliciousness in my hand.

Then I hopped up onto the counter beside her and leaned my head against the cabinet behind me.

Michael came shuffling into the room still half asleep a little while later and I got down. I bent down in front of him and wrapped my arms around him, kissing his forehead. He hugged me back and wound his arms around my neck, pressing his face into my shoulder.

I sat on the kitchen floor and cradled his small body close for a little while until Mom announced that the food is done. I got up and placed a still-sleepy Michael on his feet. He rubbed his eyes and I ran my fingers through his soft hair a few times to smooth some of the pieces that are sticking out.

“Go sit at the table bud. I’ll fix your plate.” He nodded and went to sit down without a word. I smiled a little and then went over to get the plates. He’s almost always quiet in the morning. It’s adorable.

“Oh, Mom?”

“Hmm?” She’s currently digging around in the fridge for the carton of orange juice and milk.

“Erm… Jacob was… ah, he said that he was going to pick me up this morning. I was just wondering if that was alright?” She closed the fridge door and came over with the drinks.

“Of course honey! You two are an adorable couple!” She smiled warmly at me and then set to work pouring our drinks in the glasses.

“Uh… Jacob and I aren’t… well we aren’t exactly ‘dating’. I don’t really know what to call it but we aren’t official yet. He asked me to go on a date with him on Saturday though…” She squealed happily and hugged me tightly.