Chapter 28

3-3-14

Hehe.

If you like Mulan or The Lion King then you're probably gonna love the beginning of this chapter. xD

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“You’re not suited for, the rage of war! So pack up, go home, you’re through. How could I, make a maaan, out of youuuuuuu?” I hopped around Carter and Winter giggled, joining me. “I’m never gonna catch my breath. Say goodbye to those who knew me. Boy was I a fool in school for cutting gym! This guy’s got ‘em scared to death! Hope he doesn’t see right through me! Now I really wish that I knew how to swim! (To be a man) We must be swift as a coursing river. (To be a man) With all the force of a great typhoon. (To be a man) With all the strength of a raging fire. Mysterious as the dark side of, the mooooooon!...” Short pause. “Time is racing towar-“ Carter slapped his hands over our mouths to make us shut up.

I let out a few giggles and spun around in a circle to get away from his hand. When I faced him again I went forward and wrapped my arms around his waist. Winter did the same except she pounced on him, wrapping her arms and legs around him like he’s a tree.

“Aww! You know you love us Care Bear!” I cooed, grinning up at him. He tried to keep a straight face but failed, letting a small smile form on his lips.

“Yeah, I do. Childish Disney songs and all.” I scoffed a bit and released him. Winter jumped off of him as well and we looked at each other, nodding slightly. Just for that comment…

“Hakuna Matata! What a wonderful phrase!...” I said dramatically, prancing around in front of Carter. Winter said Pumba’s part.

“Hakuna Matata! Ain’t no passin’ craze!”

“It meeeans no worries, for the rest of your days!” We threw an arm over each other’s shoulders (my right arm over her shoulder and her left over mine) and then raised our free arms into the air, walking backwards as we walked down the hall. People looked at us but we just ignored them and kept singing. The next part we sang together.

“It’s our problem-free, philosophy!” Then back to me.

“Hakuna Matata!” He groaned and clapped his hands over his face, shaking his head. We grinned and dropped our arms, going to walk beside him like nothing happened. When he looked up he raised his eyebrows at our innocent looks.

“Uh huh. You guys are anything but innocent.” Winter put a hand over her heart and threw her arm up, placing the back of her hand against her forehead.

“How could you ever say such a thing?!” We giggled at his ‘are you fudging kidding me look’ and kept walking.

We’re going to lunch right now. And it’s about time too. I could use some food right about now. After that little thing with Jacob pulling me into the janitor’s closet and saying that he wants me (which I’m still trying to wrap my head around that new bit of information) I avoided him as much as possible for the rest of the day.

Then when I got home I couldn’t go to sleep so I ended up staying up all night long, thinking about what he said, my dad, Landon, Preston, and that party which ended with me getting drunk, going home with Jacob again, and both of us spilling some of our darkest secrets to each other.

I just don’t know what to make of my life right now. Everything is a jumbled mess and it just seems to be getting more and more confusing by the second. When I try to sort something out in my head I end up getting a massive headache and then wind up even more at a loss for what to do than before.

“Lyla? Helloooooo? You in there?” I blinked rapidly when I heard Winter’s voice. She waved a hand in front of my face and I looked over at her. She rolled her eyes playfully at me and I stuck my tongue out at her.

“What did I miss?”

“I asked you if you know what we’re having today but you didn’t answer.” She pouted and I laughed a little under my breath.

“Apparently they’re making lasagna and chicken sandwiches.” Her eyes lit up and I grinned. She loves their chicken sandwiches. So do I but I would definitely pick pizza over them any day. I would probably pick pizza over any food. I guess you could say I’m a bit obsessed with it. I’m not going to deny it.

We finally got our food and then went to sit down. Almost as soon as I sat down I popped open my can of Coke and gulped some of it down. Winter ripped open her little package of ketchup and smeared it on her chicken sandwich. I did the same and then took a bite just as my stomach growled loudly.

Yeah yeah. I’m working on it so shut up.

Yes I talk to my stomach. I see nothing wrong with it. Besides, it’s not like anyone is going to hear me thinking it. Unless…

I almost choked on my chicken sandwich and dropped it onto my tray, peering around the cafeteria suspiciously with my eyes narrowed.

“Um… Lyla? What are you doing?” Carter asked me slowly. I didn’t even look at him as I answered.

“I’m looking for Edward Cullen. Now shhh. I’m trying to concentrate.” I saw him open his mouth to say something else but then thought better of it and shook his head before going back to his lunch.

As my eyes scanned the cafeteria they locked with another pair of electric blue eyes and I jumped a little bit in surprise. I was about to look away but before I did I noticed how he was looking at me and my eyes instantly re-narrowed as I returned my gaze to him.

I gritted my teeth as his hands ran up the blonde bimbo’s thighs and when he leaned forward to suck on her neck my hands clenched into fists under the table. The whole time he kept his eyes locked with mine, a gleam in them that is making it clear what he’s thinking.

He’s playing with me. And that look that he’s giving me is making it painfully clear that he’s challenging me like I did to him yesterday. I only have one thing to say to him.

Game on, Mr. Bad Boy!