Epilogue

1-25-15

Er mah gursh the feels right now. ;~; This story is now finished! I'm thinking about having another part after this one, but I'm not sure yet. If that doesn't happen then I'm going to rename this part and it will be the Epilogue instead of Chapter 56.

Thank you all so much for the support! I'm actually really really sad right now because I've grown really attatched to Lyla and Jacob and all of the other characters in this book. They're mah babies and it's hard for me to wrap my head around the fact that their story is over.

Well, I'm gonna go now before I make this note any longer. I hope you all enjoy, and be sure to tell me what you thought of the chapter. Feel free to ask me questions if you're confused about something and I'll be glad to answer them for you. ^~^

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jacob's POV

I pulled into the parking lot outside Winter and Carter's apartment and shut the car off, getting out and locking the doors as I did so. Call me paranoid, but I don't trust people at all so there is no way I'm leaving my car unlocked for any period of time. Since it's almost eleven at night I'd feel even more uncomfortable not locking it.

Sliding the keys into my pocket, I made my way up the short flight of stairs and knocked on the door. I'm going to leave one box of pizza here and bring one home with Lyla and me. Carter answered shortly after, looking tired like he just woke up.

"Sorry man. I didn't know you were sleeping. Is Lyla still here?" He nodded and let me in.

"No problem. I was going to stay up until you got here but I must have dozed off. Lyla was waiting for you too. She kept checking the clock every five minutes and basically chewing her lip off. She was really worried." I ran a hand through my hair and followed him down the hall- we stopped in the kitchen so I could put the pizza in the fridge- and into their living room.

My eyes swept the room until they landed on Lyla. She's got a big fluffy blanket curled around her little body. I can tell from the small crease in her forehead that she's still troubled, even in her sleep. Guilt flashed through my chest and I walked over to her, kneeling down and gently pushing some of the hair back from her face.

I'm sorry baby. I didn't mean to make you worry.

I started to unwrap the blanket from around her but saw Carter shake his head out of the corner of my eye. I glanced over at him, and saw Winter sleeping on the other couch with a blanket around her as well.

"Don't worry about it. Winter is a blanket freak, so we have plenty. Just take it with you." I nodded and gave him a small smile before sliding my arms underneath Lyla and picking her up. I cradled her to my chest and Carter got off the couch as I left the room.

He opened the front door and picked up Lyla's shoes for me, placing them on the blanket above her legs. I thanked him before we said goodbye and parted ways.

I somehow managed to get the keys out of my pocket, pressing the button to unlock the car doors. I gently placed Lyla on the backseat so she's laying across them. I slid into the driver's seat and pulled out onto the road.

..........

Lyla's POV

My eyes slowly slid open and I looked around, taking in my surroundings. I guess Jacob brought me home sometime while I was asleep. Rolling over a bit, I looked over at the clock and saw that it's just past two in the morning.