Chapter 13

12-25-13

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :3 Enjoy!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                We played for a while until Michael grew tired. I carried him to the car and he fell asleep while I was buckling him in. I found a blanket and laid his head on it for a pillow so he doesn’t hurt his neck. Slipping into the driver’s seat, I drove out of the parking lot. I stopped at McDonald’s on the way home and bought lunch for all three of us. Pulling up in the driveway in front of our house, I cut the engine.

                 I got out and unbuckled Michael, picking him up and locking the doors. His head is resting on my shoulder with his face pressed into my neck. I saw someone out of the corner of my eye and looked over, seeing Jacob on his porch. His crystal blue eyes are trained on me, watching me carry Michael to the house. I looked back at him for a second and then tore my gaze away from his, opening the door and stepping inside.

                I dropped the bag of fast food and the keys onto the counter, continuing up the stairs to Michael’s room. I changed him into a pair of pajamas and tucked him in, kissing his forehead and tiptoeing out of the dark room quietly. I checked my phone and saw that it’s 2 o’clock. Grabbing a book out of my room and thumping back down the stairs, I swiped a pack of fries and went out onto the porch.

                Flopping down on the padded porch swing, I sat sideways and propped my feet up on the other side. I opened the book and rested it on my knees. I just got into it when I heard footsteps and looked up. I honestly thought it was going to be Jacob so I was surprised when I saw Carter climbing the porch steps.

                Smiling, I let my feet fall off the swing and jumped up. Rushing over to him, I threw myself at his tall frame and he caught me easily in a hug.

                “Carter!” I squealed. “You came to visit the sickly!” He chuckled and I grinned against his shoulder. He’s wearing a regular pair of blue jeans, a light blue button up shirt with the sleeves pushed up to his elbows, and white Vans.

                “Yeah, you better not get me sick,” he joked. I slapped his head teasingly. “Winter was going to come too but her Mom asked her to help with something around the house. I don’t remember what.” I nodded and stepped out of his arms, plopping back down onto the porch swing. He sat beside me and tried to steal my fries but I jumped up and ran across the porch.

                “Get away! These are my fries, you asshole!” I yelled when he chased me. Stuffing some in my mouth, I jumped over the railing and sprinted across the yard. “STRANGER DANGER! STRANGER DANGER!” I screamed. Running like a maniac, I raced down the sidewalk and into the street with him following me the whole time. I did a sharp U-turn and skirted around his reaching hands, running as fast as I can back toward my house.

                I got into the yard and made the mistake of looking back. I tripped over my own feet and went tumbling to the ground, the air flying out of my lungs. Carter leaned over me a second later, grinning in amusement.

                “Dammit,” I groaned, rolling over and trying to get away. He caught me and wrapped his hands around my waist, turning me over onto my back and tickling me mercilessly. “NO! S-t… stop it! C-c-carter stop! Please?!” I gasped out between giggles, my lungs aching from laughing so hard.

                “Do you give up?” he asked calmly, still tickling me.

                “Y-yes! I give up!” He finally stopped his torture and smiled triumphantly. I started hiccupping which made him laugh loudly at me. “F-“ hiccup. “uck you Carter. You’re an ass-“ Another hiccup. “hole.” He ignored my insult, holding his stomach as he laughed. I don’t even see how he finds it funny. I slapped his head again and stood up, throwing the empty fry container down at him and smirking. “There’s your damn fries.”