Chapter 50

8-24-14

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Do you want some ice cream?” I looked over at Jacob and was met with the sight of his bright blue eyes as he glanced over at me, his lips curved into a little crooked smile. I returned it with my own grin and nodded happily, leaning over to quickly kiss his cheek in thanks. Jacob chuckled quietly and the smile stayed on my face.

We already went to Walmart and got everything that we needed. I feel bad since Jacob paid for all of it but I’m thinking about slipping some money into his wallet later when he isn’t looking. I always feel guilty when people buy me things.

He has the radio on 102.1 which is my favorite station. I’m glad that we have similar taste in music. I don’t know what I would do if he was into rap or something. I’m not saying that rap music is bad or anything, but I’ve just never been a fan of it.

I heard Love-Hate-Sex-Pain by Godsmack come on and turned it up a bit, nodding my head along to it and giggling to myself. Jacob started singing along with his own smile and I felt giddy happiness flutter in my stomach. It’s really nice to have moments like this. I don’t get to see the relaxed and casual side of Jacob a lot so when I do I enjoy every second of it.

We pulled up into the parking lot of a nearby Andy’s and got out, me practically bouncing on the balls of my feet while holding Jacob’s hand. He pulled me closer for a second to give me a quick peck. I smiled sweetly up at him and then we went up to look at the menu and pick something out.

“Get whatever you want.” He smiled down at me and I nodded before looking at the big board thing.

“I’ll have that please,” I told him after a while, pointing to something with chocolate ice cream, fudge, and peanut butter chunks. I love chocolate. Jacob kissed my forehead, being careful to stay away from the gauze so he doesn’t hurt me, and told me to go sit down while he ordered. I did as he said and sat at one of the benches, swinging my feet and staring down at my hands. A small breeze rustled my hair and felt good on the back of my neck.

“Here you go my lady.” He handed me my ice cream and I smiled excitedly, picking up the spoon and popping a spoonful into my mouth. I almost moaned from the delicious taste and then turned to give Jacob a kiss, resting a hand on the back of his head to pull him closer.

“Thank you,” I breathed when we pulled back. He laughed a little bit.

“Anytime baby.” I mentally swooned when he called me ‘baby’ and kept eating my chocolate heaven in a cup. Jacob finished his ice cream and then waited till I was done with mine before throwing both of the cups away. I got to my feet and he took my hand as he came back over, pulling me into his side and leading me back to the car.

He held the door open again and closed it behind me, walking over to the other side. I glanced at the clock and saw that it’s almost eleven o’clock. Sighing, I leaned my head back on the seat and began thinking about some of the things that we need to do for the project as Jacob started the car and drove out of the parking lot.

…………

“No no no! S-stop!” I giggled, attempting to push Jacob’s hands away as he tickled me. His smirk widened. I thrashed around and grabbed at his wrists and fingers but nothing helped and he just kept tickling me till I was gasping for breath. Only then did he stop, grinning down at me happily as he straddled my hips. Whatever annoyance that might have been building up melted away and I found myself smiling back, still trying to catch my breath. He’s just so adorable when he smiles like that.

He leaned down and kissed me softly, finally getting off of me and plopping down on his mattress beside me. After a minute or two of silence as we both stared up at the ceiling I started to get up to continue with the project but Jacob rolled onto his side and wrapped an arm around my waist, pulling me closer so I’m flat on my back and he’s looking down at me, his face only inches from mine. My heart jumped and fluttered as I stared into his eyes.

“Come on Lyla,” he murmured. “We’ve been working on that thing for almost four hours now. Why don’t we take a break and do something else?” I pursed my lips and was about to refuse but then he gave me the most adorable puppy eyes and I sighed, closing my eyes. I guess we’ve gotten enough done so far so it won’t hurt to take a little break.

“Alright. So what do you want to do?” I questioned, lifting one of my hands to drape around the back of his neck. I gently twirled a lock of hair around my finger as I waited for his suggestion.

“Well, we could go watch a movie and then I could take you out to eat somewhere… Or, I could take you out to do something fun, and not the completely cheesy thing to do when taking a girl out on your first date together.” He smiled brightly down at me and I felt my breath catch. His smile is so beautiful and it takes my breath away every time I see it. His words registered in my mind and then my eyes widened in shock. He’s taking me out on a date?

“Wait… a… a date?” I asked. He nodded and chuckled.

“I did ask you out on a date not too long ago, remember?” I didn’t respond for a second but then nodded, my lips curving up into a smile.

“Alright, so what is this ‘fun’ thing that you speak of and what kind of clothes would be appropriate?” I gazed up at him and he shook his head, still smiling.

“What you’re wearing now is fine.” I raised an eyebrow and looked down at my black skinny jeans and Nirvana t-shirt. What exactly is he planning?