Chapter 40

5-3-14

Enjoy!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Wow.” Winter breathed. Then her expression changed and she looked pissed. “Your dad is a fucking dick. But at least Jacob was there.” I pursed my lips and nodded.

We continued walking down the school hallway with our arms linked between us. Carter is at the hospital with Lizzy. She was feeling a little sick so he stayed home to bring her to the hospital.

I just finished telling Winter about the situation with my dad. I left out the part about Jacob admitting his feelings for me and I still haven’t told her about the kisses. Jacob and I agreed that we’re going to keep our relationship (if that’s what you’d call it) a secret until we know where it’s going to lead us.

I mean come on. He’s Jacob Daniels for Christ’s sake! If someone found out that he likes someone-especially someone like me- and is willing to actually be with them in a relationship kind of way… there would be a massive uproar. Everyone would be talking about it and watching us for weeks. We would almost never get any privacy. And I hate attention so that’s going to be torture if it ever does end up happening.

After Jacob helped me last night he stayed over for a little while and when Mom got home we explained to her what happened. She was freaking out of course and said that she would go to the police station today and ask them about getting a restraining order against my ‘dad’. I hope she gets it all sorted out soon because I don’t ever want to see that bastard again.

I glanced up at the clock and rolled my eyes, dropping my head back. We have to be in class in about six minutes. Winter looked up as well and then sighed, releasing my arm.

“I’ll see you at lunch,” she told me. I waved and sent her a small smile as we parted and went in opposite directions.

I haven’t seen Jacob yet this morning and I don’t know if I really want to. I mean we’re not going to tell anyone about us and we’re not even officially together. Is he going to be hitting on girls? What if he acts like I’m not there? I don’t know what to make of our situation yet but last night gave me a little hope.

I know that after seeing him with Britney and then him telling me that he didn’t care about me… well, I guess I’m trying to say that my heart is fragile. Any little thing could break me down again and I hope Jacob knows that because I’m not going to be able to take seeing him with another girl. There’s just no way.

When I got into the classroom I sighed when I saw some jock sitting in my chair flirting with the girl who sits beside me. He’s definitely not going to move if I ask him to. Shuffling to the back of the room, I found an empty seat and sat down. Resting an elbow on the desk, I plopped my chin into my palm and closed my eyes.

“Are you planning on going back to your desk any time soon Ms. Hanson?” My eyes snapped open and I almost fell out of my chair.

“W-what?” I looked around and then blushed when I realized that most of the class is staring at me. She sighed and I heard a few people snicker.

“Never mind. Just stay there so we can start the lesson.” I ducked my head and blushed even deeper as everyone turned back around to face the front. I heard a low chuckle to my right and looked over to see Jacob sitting there with his lips pressed tightly together, facing the front.

I scowled and then blushed again, dropping my head and glaring at the desk. I stared at the words ‘fuck you’ carved into the top right corner of the wood. Well that’s nice. I’m surprised Mrs. Welsh hasn’t seen it and gone off on everyone.