Chapter 53

9-21-14

Wow. I think that this is the longest time I've gone without updating this story. o.o I'm sorry guys. :/

I hope you enjoy the chapter, and if you do be sure to leave a comment telling me what you think! I love seeing what people have to say about my books. It makes me a happy little Shawna. :3

Oh, and no this isn't the last chapter either. Lyla and Jacob's story has a few more chapters to go. Did you really think that all the drama was over?

Psh. Who do you think I am? A nice person? HA!

I don't think so.

Love you guys! <3

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*One Month Later*

“Woo! It’s finally summer!” I cried, dancing around in a circle. Jacob chuckled and came up behind me, his hands grasping my hips as he kissed my neck and held me close. I smiled happily at Winter, Carter, and Reece as they stood in front of us. Winter finally decided to do something about her crush on Reece and… well, I might have helped a little in getting them together. Alright, a lot.

Reece has his arms around Winter’s waist and his chin on the top of her head. I mentally swooned at how cute they are. Let me just say that I am extremely proud of myself for helping them get together. I personally think that Carter has a crush on Sam, Reece’s sister, but he still won’t admit it. He doesn’t exactly help himself by blushing when I ask about it.

Yeah, suuure you don’t like her buddy. Sure. And you also don’t give her googly eyes when she passes by. I’m just a blind bat who doesn’t notice these things, you know. Psh.

“We definitely need to hang out this summer! We can go to the mall!” Winter said happily.

“And swimming!” I exclaimed, practically bouncing in Jacob’s arms. I felt his breath by my ear and a shiver raced down my spine. We may be dating now but that doesn’t mean that he affects me any less than he did before. If anything it’s just gotten worse.

“Oh hell yeah. I like the swimming idea- especially if it means I’ll get to see you in a bikini.” He nibbled on my ear and I blushed. Winter noticed this and smirked. She knows how much of a pervert Jacob is so she knows exactly why I’m blushing and she finds it funny. I shot her a playful glare.

I felt my phone vibrate and pulled it out of my pocket, seeing that Mom texted me. I sent a quick reply and put it back into my pocket.

“Sorry guys. I’ve gotta go home. My mom’s boyfriend is coming over tonight and I need to be home before he gets there. I’ll text you guys later!” I gave them all a hug and we said our goodbyes before Jacob led me to his car. I glanced back at the school before we drove away and felt a little swell of sadness rise in my chest.

As much as I’ve hated waking up early to come here every morning, I’m still going to miss this place. Well, we’ll be back for our graduation in a couple days so I don’t have to say goodbye to it just yet.

I stared out the windshield and thought about my life. Everything has been going pretty well lately and that kind of worries me. When things are going well for me something always comes along and ruins it. I never get a break. That’s why I’ve been trying to enjoy this happy time as much as possible because a feeling of unease has been growing and I’m just waiting for something to happen.