Chapter 26

2-22-14

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Monday.

Need I say more?

Honestly, who invented Mondays anyway? Whoever they are, they are definitely not on my good side. But they’re obviously dead by now so I guess it doesn’t really matter. They’re going to stay on my bad side thought because if we have a zombie apocalypse and they come back to life… *cracks knuckles*

“Lyla!” I jumped and winced from the loud scream that was aimed right at my poor ear by Winter.

“What?! What do you want?!” I yelled back, earning a few strange looks from some students and possibly a teacher. My face went from pale to bright red in a second as I glared at Winter. She snickered a bit and then grew serious. I frowned.

“Where is that bitch? I’m gonna punch her so hard that she won’t be able to see straight for a month. Mr. Asshole isn’t going to butt in and stop me. I mean who does she think she is to be insulting my friends?! I swear to-“

“Winter!” She stopped rambling and looked at me. “I have no idea where she is but you need to calm down. As much as I would love for you to punch that plastic face of hers, I refuse to let you get in trouble again.” She clenched her jaw and grumbled to herself for a few minutes before sighing.

“Fine. But only because I don’t want to leave you and Carter to suffer here without me.” I smiled a bit and hugged her quickly. She finally loosened up and smiled back. Suddenly another pair of arms wrapped around both of us and I giggled.

“Group hug!” Carter yelled as he tightened his hold. Winter and I laughed at his childish behavior. People shot us a couple more ‘wtf’ looks but we just ignored them and kept hugging. It’s not like we don’t get them all the time anyway. It’s not my problem if the people in this school are a bunch of boring assholes.

When we finally broke apart Carter’s smile dropped as he pouted at Winter. She noticed and crossed her arms across her chest, pouting back. I stood there looking back and forth between them as they tried to make the other surrender.

Winter widened her eyes and her bottom lip started to tremble. Carter’s look dropped as he wrapped his arms around her. She grinned victoriously and I rolled my eyes at her, also smiling. This always happens. Every time they get into a pouting contest Winter always wins. He released her and then she did a little victory dance.

“So… what was that about anyway?” Winter asked after she was done gloating about her victory.

“Well I did it because you agreed to stay out of trouble.”

“No promises,” she grumbled.

“And I did it because I missed you. You left us here alone for almost the whole week!” His bottom lip jutted out a bit and I ruffled his hair playfully while Winter poked his lip back. She grinned cheekily.

“I know but in my defense, she was getting on my nerves. She really pissed me off though when she insulted Lyla.” They both turned to look at me and narrowed their eyes when I tried to wave it off.

“It wasn’t that bad. I’m used to that kind of thing. I mean it’s not like I care what she says anyway-“

“Wait. Whoa… whoa… whoa whoa… whoa. What the hell do you mean ‘you’re used’ to that kind of thing? Has she bullied you before? Or was it someone else. TELL ME WHO IT WAS NOW AND I WILL KICK THEIR SORRY LITTLE BITCHY A-“ I slapped my hand over her mouth to shut her up. Something slimy ran across my palm and I yanked my hand away, grimacing in disgust.