Chapter 48

7-21-14

Yayyy it finally be here! :D

Enjoyyyyyyyyy!!!

Put your hands on your hips and work it, work it, work it!

(~w~)
  <l>
   / \

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You brought your worst and I’m right here.

Now I’ve seen it all and it’s never been so clear.

~ It’s Complicated ~ A Day to Remember ~

Lyla’s POV

“I think it’s time we had a little fun, don’t you?” I thrashed around violently and tried to get away from Damien but he tightened his hold and pulled me closer.

I squeezed my eyes shut and continued to struggle uselessly. This can’t be happening. Why? Why do these things always happen to me?

My heart pounded against my ribcage and my chest rose and fell rapidly as fear coursed through my veins. His breath blew across my face and a shudder racked down my tense spine in disgust.

“Lyla?” A familiar voice brought me out of the nightmare and I jerked awake. My eyes snapped open and I felt tears on my cheeks. Warm hands rested on my back and pulled me closer as I took deep breaths, closing my eyes again and trying to calm myself down.

I leaned my head forward and rested it against Jacob’s bare chest as sobs rose in my throat and escaped my lips.

“Shh baby. You’re alright. I’m here. Shh…” He murmured quietly in my ear and massaged my back and sides gently to soothe me.

It took me a while to stop shaking as much and pull myself fully out of the dream. Damen’s voice echoed in my head over and over and my heart is still thumping wildly in my chest. My shaky fingers braided themselves into Jacob’s soft hair and I pressed my face into his neck with my eyes still closed.

After what seemed like forever I felt my heart calm down and some of the tension left my body. When I opened my sore eyes I just sat staring at the smooth skin of Jacob’s neck for some time. Then I tightened my hold around his neck, hugging him, and pulled back to stare into his eyes.

He gazed back at me with worry.

I felt a sharp pain in my forehead and winced.

“Ow.” I lifted my hand to feel it but Jacob stopped me from doing so, engulfing my hand in his much larger one and pulling both of them to rest on his chest. He kissed my knuckles tenderly.

“Don’t touch the stitches sweetheart. You might hurt yourself and I don’t know what I’ll do if anything else happens to you right now. Please.” He kissed my hand again. “Be careful. I’ll go get you some water and medicine for your head.”

I laid there silently and watched as he untangled himself from me and the sheets and then slipped out the door into the dark hall without a sound.

My eyes slipped closed on their own accord and- trying to ignore the pain in my head- I let my mind wander. Usually I don’t do this because it brings back too many memories and things that I would rather forget to the front of my mind.