Chapter 21

1-30-14

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Recap*

                “Ah, Jacob! It’s nice to see you again!” I heard a loud voice boom from one end of the alley, making me jump. A tall figure started on its way over to us. As he got closer I recognized him as the guy who was at Jacob’s house. Damen. And this time it looks like I’m going to be meeting him up close and personal.

                Well shit.

…………

                My body stiffened with fear as I watched him approach. His mouth curved into a cruel smile and his eyes met mine. I stood frozen, staring into his hard, cold eyes. A shiver ran down my spine, and not the good kind either. No matter how hard I tried I couldn’t look away. It’s like I’m possessed or something.

                He finally looked away and I instantly dropped my gaze to the ground. Jacob placed his right hand on my arm and pushed me back gently but firmly, holding me to make sure I don’t fall. He moved so I was pressed against the brick wall with his body acting as a shield.

                I gripped a handful of his jacket and pressed my face into his back, seeking some form of comfort. As much as I hate to admit it these guys- especially Damen- scare me. A lot.

                He kept his hand on my arm and rubbed reassuring circles into my skin, wordlessly telling me that he’s here and to calm down. I took a long, deep breath and tried to do just that. My body stayed rigid and I sighed mentally.

                Peeping under his arm, I saw Damen standing in front of him with that smirk in place, his arms crossed over his chest. Jacob stared at him coldly. I looked away and hid my face in his back again. His smell comforted me and I found myself breathing deeply to inhale more of it. Alright that’s kinda creepy. Am I being creepy?

                “What do you want Damen?” Jacob asked in a voice like ice. I flinched a little from the hate I could hear laced in. It isn’t even directed at me and it still makes me shiver. I’d hate to be Damen right now.

                “Come now Jacob! I think you know the answer to that question by now!” He barked out a laugh loudly and it echoed through the alley, bouncing off the walls and against my eardrums. I winced. The music from the party blared in the distance. I would rather be there than here. I would rather be anywhere but here right now. Why does this kind of thing always happen to me? I’m just trying to live my life like a normal person.

                “Yes. And you already know my answer. It’s not going to change,” he said through clenched teeth. Damen stopped laughing but he still looked amused. His eyes flickered to me then and his grin turned a bit creepy.

                Goosebumps broke out across my arms when his gaze flickered down my body, much like when the guys at the party looked at me. I found myself pressing further into Jacob’s back, trying to hide myself from his stare.

                Jacob’s grip on my arm tightened and I heard his teeth grinding together as he scowled at Damen.

                “And who is this young lady? I never caught your name the first time we met.” I stared back at him like a deer caught in headlights, my body starting to tremble. His gaze is really creepy and intimidating and I don’t like it. At all. Jacob angled his body so I was more hidden and I felt a little less exposed.