Chapter 7

11-3-13

Enjoy!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                We eventually made it to the place and he pulled into the parking lot and swung his leg over the seat, climbing off and turning to face my still-smiling face with a smirk. I pulled the helmet off and jumped up, bouncing around and clapping happily.

                “That was so fun!” I cheered. He watched me with amusement shining in his bright eyes until I calmed down and looked around. We’re in front of a little diner off the freeway. There aren’t a lot of cars here but that’s probably because it’s still kind of early. We walked side by side in silence and he held the door open for me. I looked at him, shocked, but then shook my head and walked in anyway.

                He came in after me and a waiter came up to us.

                “Hello and welcome to Reggy’s Diner! My name is Preston and I will be your waiter this morning. How may I help you?” His light blonde hair is kind of short and messy and he has deep brown eyes and pink lips. He’s pretty cute and looks like he’s around my age. His eyes met mine and he smiled, sending me a wink. I blushed and looked down at my feet.

                “Table for two,” Jacob said sharply, sounding annoyed. I looked up at him in surprise and saw him glaring at Preston, his bright blue eyes cold and challenging. What’s his problem? I followed Jacob as Preston showed us to our table. It’s in a more quiet part of the diner. I sat down and Jacob took the seat across from me, eyes cold and his jaw clenched. I sent him a questioning look but he didn’t see it since he’s too busy scowling at Preston.

                “What would you like to drink?” Jacob finally looked at me, motioning for me to tell him what I want.

                “Erm, orange juice please,” I mumbled.

                “Same,” Jacob said stiffly. Preston nodded and wrote it down, walking off to get them for us. I felt my phone vibrate and pulled it out of my pocket. Carter and Winter texted me.

                Carter: Are you okay? Winter is freaking out and saying that someone kidnapped you or something but you know how she overreacts about things like this. :/

                I pursed my lips and replied.

                Me: Yeah, I’m fine. I just wasn’t feeling very well this morning so I stayed home. I’ll txt Winter so she’ll calm down. Sorry. I’ll see you guys tomorrow.

                Then I read Winter’s text.

                Winter: WHERE ARE YOU?!?! ARE YOU OKAY?! YOU NEVER TOLD ME WHERE YOU WENT LAST NIGHT!!! YOU HAD BETTER ANSWER ME OR YOU’RE GOING TO BE IN BIG TROUBLE! -.-

                I smiled and laughed a little bit. She always freaks out over the smallest things.

                Me: Calm down and stop harassing Carter. I’m fine. I didn’t feel good this morning and decided to stay home. Txt me when school’s over. Love you guys! <3

                I put my phone back in my pocket and sighed. I don’t know if I should tell her what happened. Like I said, she flips out over the littlest things and if I told her what happened with the guy she would feel really bad and wouldn’t stop apologizing about it for months. Also, I don’t know why, but I feel like this is something that I should keep between Jacob and me. Speaking of Jacob…