4-I'm Still Fucking Gay Though!

I didn't actually show up at the house until 3AM. I found a bar on the other side of town and drunk my problems away.

When I got home, I had to sneak in like the good old times.

"Where were you?" A voice whisper/yells. I jump startled and look around the living room. I bump my feet against a piece of furniture I didn't know was there. To break the fall, I land on my wrist. I really do think it's broken.

"Holy shit!" I groan out in pain. I think I need to make that visit to the hospital tomorrow morning.

"Watch your mouth Cher, and where have you been?" My moms voice grows angry. I don't really pay any mind to her and I continue on my way toward my old room.

"Cher Bethany Manson." Ugh, fuck that shitty name. That has to be the worst name in history, eh?

"Mary not now!" I groan not really wanting to say anything to her.

"You punched a wall again?" She questions concerned.

"Mary, I said not now!" I yell annoyed. I seriously don't want to disrespect my mother,  but I am hurt right now and seeing her as the person to tell everyone not to tell me my father was dead, makes me want to really take my frustration out on her.

"Well when is a good time to talk about this situation, huh? Knowing you Cher, you may want to avoid it for another 6 years!" She yells, I stare at her completely baffled. Is she shitting me right now?

"You wanna know what happened to Jax? She admitted into a mental institution in Michigan, go visit her whenever you are free, or do you still hate her too!" She fires.

"Don't forget you kicked me out because you couldn't accept who I was!" I yell annoyed and angry also ignoring her statement about Jax. My oldest sister who I questioned the presence of earlier.

"T-that wasn't the reason and you know it." She sobs sadly. Is she really the one crying right about now.

"I can paint you a fucking picture on how you stared at me once you caught me with Jamie!" I yell back annoyed. She looked like a deer in headlights and her reaction afterwards was basically the definition of hell raised.

"I was angry because you didn't let me know, Cher. I wasn't the first person to know." She cries. That only makes me angry even more.

"Imagine how I feel knowing I'm the last person in the family to know my father passed away! Guess we both experienced that fucking feeling, huh." I storm off annoyed heading towards my room. On the way, I see AJ and Andrew leaning against the wall, wide awake now.

"Cher..." AJ tries but I shake my head no.

"Not now guys." I wasn't really angry at them for the whole situation, just extremely disappointed.

I walk into my room that's completely different. It's more of a guest room now, with twin set beds. I see Jest is already fast asleep in one of the beds,  so I try my best not to wake him up. I pull off my gym shoes and crawl into the bed across from his. I just lie there for a while, thinking about everything differently. Tears slowly fall down my face and I sniff while wiping at them.

"Cher?" Jest calls sleepily.

"I'm fine dude, go back to sleep." I whisper.

"I love you kid." He whispers all of a sudden while chuckling. It caught me by surprise, but I soon join him and smile stupidly even though he can't see me.

"That's gay dude." I joke. He chuckles even more.

"Nah, but love you too." It felt extremely weird saying that. I haven't actually said 'I love you' to someone in a very long time, so saying it to my boy best friend made me feel a bit better.

I'm still fucking gay though!

•••••

I woke up bright and early,  Jest was still sleeping and I looked at my nearly dead phone and it was 7:42 AM. I put my phone on it's charger and got ready for the day. I seriously do need to go to the ER. So I plan that as my adventure for the day.

My hand actually got worse and was huge and purple. 

Once I was showered and dressed,  I head out, but on my way down the stairs, I smell bacon. As I am about to leave out Justina calls me.

"Cher?" Justina calls curiously.

"Yeah?" I question.

"Where are you headed?" She questions raising her eyebrow.

"Somewhere, I'll be back soon hopefully." I smile kindly.

"Hopefully?" She repeats skeptically. I'm not running away if that's what she thinks and plus, I'm an adult! It shouldn't be anyone's concern on my whereabouts.

"Yeah, it's gonna take awhile. I really have to go. I'll call you?" It comes out more as a question rather than informing her. She just nods and watches me leave.

"Yeah-yeah sure, but before you go, do you want something to eat?" I groan and shake my head no while exiting the house. I hate when she tries to act like my mother, she was just my guardian.

•••••

The hospital was so busy and I was annoyed because I've been waiting right there for almost a fucking hour. This has to be the slowest hospital ever.

"Cher Manson? A nurse will be with you now." I sigh in relief. Fucking finally. The front desk lady points toward some doors.

"Go through there and wait in room 21B." What the fuck is this bullshit, more waiting? I could be dying and they're sending me room from room like fucking Shaggy and Scooby.

10 minutes later the door opens. I don't care to throw the nurse a glare because well I've been fucking waiting.

"Hi, I'm nurse for the day, nice to meet you, Cher?" The voice is placed with a shocked excited voice. I look up and fall in love all over again.

"J-Jamie?" I stutter in a daze. She's gorgeous. Her beautiful long hazel brown hair. Big blue eyes and dimpled cheeks. Her skin was always smooth and beautiful, like silk. I think she's gotten more beautiful.

"You're back! Here!" She's completely stunned. Her eyes are almost ready to burst out her head. I didn't know she'll be this excited to see me. I kinda always imagined this moment. How she would look at me. Would it be in disgust or happiness. I guess I finally got my answer.

"You're a nurse!" I look at the coincidence of things because I was just talking with Charlie about her. I look down at her ring and notice the huge diamond.

"And married." I state not really flattered by the situation. She looks down at the ring and begins to twist it around her marriage finger.

"Yeah, 3 years now." She smiles kindly to herself. I mentally gag like a child.

"So how are you?" She questions excitedly, so readily to catch up on my life. I can't help but smile.

"In pain." I raise my hand up into her view and she makes an "ouch" face.

"Good god Cher! What did you do this time?" I chuckle and she stares at me mysteriously and worried.

"No seriously, what did you do because I have to document it?" She smiles examining my hand. She tries to move my fingers around but I flinch. Shit, that hurts like hell.

"Uh, I was helping my mom move some boxes around and suddenly a monstrous statue fell on my hand. " I lie through my teeth. I didn't want to start my bad reputation up again,  especially on how my temper got the best of me.

In this town, I was known as the angry problem child. I was considered stupid from my dyslexia, a jackass from my ADHD, a dyke for my taste in fashion and liking of the same sex and a player for the number of chicks I pulled. So coming back into this town, I have to start over, but things aren't going as planned. Do they ever?

"Whoa, you have to be more careful. I don't think it's broken, it may be sprained. I'll be back in a few to give you an X-ray. Until then wait patiently." She gives me that warming smile one last time before she disappears behind the curtains.