20-You Know Me So Well

Charley

"I sent you mail, before the invention of advanced technology of the cell phone. I even added you on MySpace," I chuckle as I cover my face embarrassingly.

"I had a MySpace?" Cher mumbles as I lay across her lap and she runs her fingers along my hairline. its a comfortable position, just being under her and in her presence. Me finally growing balls to admit my feelings and seeing where it has landed me now. I can't stop smiling. My cheeks feel as if they're going to get stuck permanently like this.

"Yeah, you did. I remember your picture too, it was you in swim trunks and a sports bra on the beach with a surf board." She thinks hard about the picture, raising her eyebrow in the process.

"Oh yes, when I went through that phase of falling in love with surfing!" She chuckles and smiles.

"Yeah," I whisper as I curl up into a ball and think for a bit. We remain in silence for awhile. Cher glancing around the empty spaced apartment and it's weary features.

"I'm sorry Charley, I seriously am," Cher whispers and I just sit there and stare. I just remember all the times Autumn told me that. All the times she told me she "loved me", she wouldn't "hurt me again" and all the "it was a mistake." I can't stop thinking about her, I know I'm with Cher but I can't get Autumn off my mind.

"I'm hungry," I mention to change the subject. Cher glances down at me with raised eyebrows, she knows I changed the subject on purpose.

"Do you have..." she glances toward the empty kitchen area and nods to herself.

"Well let's feed you," she chuckles as she pulls at my wrist and I rise up and so does she. She pauses for a second to intake me.

"Hey, are you okay?" She questions and reviews my face.

"Never been better," I smile and place a kiss to her cheek and she blushes. Is the infamous Cher Mason blushing at a kiss from little ole' me.

"So where are we headed?" Cher questions as she reviews the parking area she parked her car in.

"I honestly don't know," I state as I type away in my phone texting Emily. Apparently the girls fought over who gets to replace me as Emily's roommate. Emily and I did have the 2nd biggest room in the house. Margo's room was obviously the first, I'm so glad I don't have to wake up and deal with her attitude. I can enjoy the rest of my summer peacefully and not stick in a house with girls who decided to spend their time at the sorority rather than back home.

"Mexican?" She calls out as she reaches over me. I take my eyes off my phone to see what she's doing and she grabs my seatbelt and buckled it securely around me. I smile at her gesture.

"Safety first," she grins as she returns to her seat and buckles hers.

"No, had some bad Mexican like 2 weeks ago with Autumn- Uh," I mentally slap my forehead. Why would I say that? But I did have some disgusting Mexican food with Autumn from this new place, I vowed to not eat Mexican good for a good three months.

"Chinese?" She says as she ignores the mention of Autumns name and begins the drive.

"No,"

"Burgers?"

"No," I state again. I'm not in the mood for half the stuff she's naming.