33-Grand-motherly advice

"Grandma, I'm here!" I call out through the home as I sort through her mail I just received from the mailbox. Nothing but insurance books for Grandma and Mariah. Thinking of Mariah, she excitedly runs into the kitchen and embraces me in a hug.

"Charley, Charley, guess what?" She says excitedly.

"I got Marellie something..." That's what she calls the little child growing in my stomach. I try to tell her that the child isn't mine personally but she ignores that and continues to call her Marellie, which is the mixture of her name and her favorite singer, Ellie Goulding. It's cute, I'll love to name my child it.

"And what is that?" I question as I rummage through the fridge for the ingredients for meatballs tonight. She holds up some small pink cute ballerina shoes. She smiles as my mouth curls up into the biggest smile. It's so sweet of her.

"Nana and I were at the mall today and they were r-really eye catching." She hands them to me.

"Can she wear them as soon as she gets here?" She pleads. I giggle and nod at her pouting face. It's adorable for Mariah, I swear.

"Fine, we'll wrap them and give them to Melissa, or maybe you can wrap them and bring it to the baby shower next week?" Her face grows even brighter.

"Yes! I forgot, I'm sorry I forgot."

"It's okay. We'll find wrapping tomorrow okay?" She nods and runs off. There's a knock on the kitchen counter. My grandma wobbles in on her cane. She's beautiful, her long silver hair braided down her back, I did it last night, along with Mariah's, but she wanted hers unbraided to come out crinkly.

"How's the baby?" She questions while smiling down at my belly and handing me bread crumbs.

"Active, very active, and hungry," I say as I untwist the Hawaiian bread and take a few pieces out to eat. My grandma actually said the child was going to be a girl, as soon as I told her I finally got pregnant with Melissa's and Gen child.

"Melissa stopped by earlier, she brought you this months prenatal pills." She says as she goes into the cabinet and point to the rest of the bottles. Grandma doesn't support the whole pills thing, she does believe in home remedies, so she usually make this drink for me to take once a week. It taste like fish oil but it really does help. The baby loves it for some odd reason too.

"I talked to Mary today." Mary is Cher's mom. I don't necessarily roll my eyes but do snack my lips. It comes off weird for her to be telling me this.

"Okay?" I say to further her reasoning in telling me that.

"She stated that Cher's been distant and in her room often." Okay, what are we in middle school? Her mother's telling my grandmother Cher's antics, what?

"I don't want to talk about it Grandma." I simply state. Cher just shows up on my door step and I'm suppose to just appreciate that and forgive her. She broke my heart, again. I don't want to speak of her.

"To refrain from imitation, is the best revenge." She causally states as she begins to sweep. I hate when she does that, tries to interfere but makes it seem as if she isn't.

"Nana please, I don't want revenge on Cher, I just want her to stay away!" I groan out. Maybe too harshly because I slam the grounded beef packaging onto the counter.

"You told her you don't love her anymore." How does she know that?

"How do you know that?"

"Cher told the boy best friend?" She turns to me and I nod, she's talking about Jest.

"The boy told Justina, Justina told Mary and Mary told me. Why would you say such a thing Charaline?"

"Because I don't!"