28- One of Those Nights

Earlier that day...

Maybe I did take the whole thing out of proportion, but I just feel Charley should have established I was indeed her girlfriend. I don't want her being ashamed to tell people we are together, even if it's just some weird old friend.

I left because I know how I get, disrespectful and say things I'll regret later down the road.

"Is this becoming a thing now Cher?" My favorite bartender calls as I take a seat at my usual stool.

"You know I love visiting the bar to come see you Muri," I chuckle and she just rolls her eyes. She starts me off with a beer. I drank two before I started to advance with my choice in liquor. By 10 PM, I already done drank 4 shots of gin and a 2 White Russians.

"It's one of those nights, eh?" Muri questions in which I ignore her and down another shot. I honestly don't know why I get drunk sometimes. It's just a coping mechanisms for when I get pissed off.  

"Alcoholic are we?" A snide voice jokes. The left stool to me is pulled back and the worst person I would want to talk to in my drunken state sits next to me. The right bar stool is pull outwards also.

"What the fuck do you want Autumn?" I groan out as I glance at my phone to see multiple missed calls from Charley.

"My girlfriend must not know you're here." I feel she just wants to get her ass beat. Well I didn't beat her last time, but I did get a few punches off her face. Maybe this time I can slam this bar stool over her head and ram the leg up her ass.

"You mean my girlfriend!?" I grit out as I ball my fist against my leg. I try to repeat in my head, not to start any trouble in my drunken state, but my anger and rage is winning the battle with my conscience.

"How is she by the way? Break her heart yet?"  Wow she must mistake me for her.

"That's none of your fucking business." I spit out with so much hate and animosity that I would be scared of myself.

"I see she's been texting and calling all night, shouldn't you call her?" She's playing kid games, trying to be funny in front of her butch friend beside me. I'll take the both of them since they want to wear those shitty smirks.

"You know, what I will never understand about Charley is that, she chose to leave me only to be with you. Just another toxic human, just another toxic relationship." She continues.

"I'm glad you knew you were toxic for her, also a piece of shit."

"Don't call me out on my shit, this is about you runaway. You see I heard many stories about you, you know this towns small and people talk,"

"Oh yeah, what'd they say, I'm good in bed?" She chuckles without humor.

"Troubled kid, problems with everyone, stole and even ran away from home, only to leave your friends behind. They never spoke or heard from you until now, how does that feel Manson?"

"I don't like you, I want to crush your skull every time I see you, I advise you to go away Autumn." She scoffs, I guess, because she sort of beat my ass already, but I doubt I'll let it happen again. Just because she's bigger and stronger means nothing. Remember the Goliath and David story.

"Why don't you do us all a favor, Charley especially, just leave. You caused her pain, I caused her pain. Do you think she needs anymore failure, anymore betrayals? You're like me Cher..."

"And how fucking come?" I groan out. I swear if there wasn't two of her I'll punch the fuck out of
her.

"We don't deserve to be loved." She simply states. I actually begin to listen. What? I don't deserve to be loved? Everyone deserves to be loved.