12-Dinner With The Mr&Mrs

I couldn't stop thinking about the Charley situation. It was all I could think about at the time. I sit on the floor in my old bedroom, my back against the bed. I toss a rubber ball back and fourth against the wall.

"Cher, Justina said run to the shopping mart for these items," AJ states while handing me the list but I refuse to accept it.

" You Tell Jest!" I groan loudly so she can hear me.

"He's helping in the kitchen with mom and Justina..." AJ urges. I sigh and rub my eyelids annoyedly. Since when did he become apart of the "cooking with Martha Stewart" team. He has been spending a lot of time with my mom and Justina lately. I guess it's because I'm always leaving him behind. Don't like staying in this house too long, brings back memories that I'll love to forget about. Also reminds me of my dad, and I don't like dwelling on the topic of dad. Spends me out of control.

"Let's go!" I groan. He stares at me bewildered.  I throw on my gym shoes whilr he still stands there confused.

"AJ, what the fuck, are you coming or not?" I stare at him weirdly. Why is he being weird? He eyes me curiously, almost as if he doesn't know what to say or do.

"No, it's just you invited me to go to the shopping mart with you," I stare at him confused, and I smile amusingly and chuckle a bit.

"I invited you to the store, not prom. Why are you being weird?" I smile amused by my little brother nervous position. Do I scare them? Like I wanna know why it comes as a shock.

"I thought you hated me and Andrew since we didn't tell you about..."

"Dude, I already told you it's alright. I'm dealing and healing but I'm not blaming you and Andrew, okay?" I affirm. He stares and nods slowly.

"Now stop being mushy dude. It doesn't fit you." I joke and ruffle his hair and he pushes me away and we began to wrestle a little bit.

••••••

"What the fuck is cumber milk?" I state to myself. AJ tosses bread crumbs into the cart as I stare confused at the shitty list Justina wrote in shitty handwriting.

"Why didn't she just text this bullshit to me?" I state annoyed. I bring the list closer to my eyes, as if that could help solve the problem with Justinas bad handwriting.

"I'll go get it. It's this milk mom always buys to put in her zucchini pasta." I roll my eyes. I thought I was shopping for Justina not Mary. Aj races away into whatever aisle cucumber milk is in, leaving me alone and confused. Minding my business, I go down the cereal aisle just for fun. Plus I kinda want AJ looking all over the store for me like a lost puppy.

"I knew it was you, oddly," someone says randomly. I turn around and see a beautiful Jamie. She holds a bottle of wine and bread. I smile brightly at her beautiful smile. Oh man, she still has that effect on me. But that smile drops when her husbands comes to stand behind her and shows her something. She turns abruptly to stare down at the item. He stares at me and smiles.

"Oh Cher, right?" He questions confusingly as his thick eyebrow shoots up. I swear I don't understand why Jamie chose this "tool" as a husband. Something about his ora gives me negative energy. Maybe it's because he stole the love of my life away from me.

Well technically he didn't "steal" her, but he did.

"Yes..." I pause because I never really got properly introduced to him due to them having to leave early.