31- It's a girl

I stare hesitantly at Charley. I can't take my eyes away from her stomach and how huge it is. How? Who? When? All these questions race through my head as I see her smiling brightly down at the children while handing them each a piece of cake. They thank her and run away. She mindlessly look down as she continues to cut the cake.

"Are you gonna talk to her?" Jamie whispers over to me, breaking me out my thought bubble. My mouth gaps opened as I try to fumble up some words. I'm not even in her presence and it's hard for me to speak. I slowly make my way over to her.

"Uh would you like vanilla or chocolate?" She questions without glancing up. I swallow a huge lump and stutter out...

"Vanilla," I guess my voice sounded way too familiar because she glances up at me curiously and frowns a bit. She quickly replaces it with a small-barely there-smile.

"Cher?" She questions. I think she's more disappointed to see me rather than to actually see me: it's way different from when I came back and saw her in the park. I wish that reaction was the one being used right now. She pulls a strand of her hair from her caked lipgloss lips and squint at me. The sun blaring right into her eyes.

"Yeah, uh, hi Charley, how are you?" This is awkward. Why am I awkward? Pull your shit together Cher!

"Pregnant," she laughs lightly and hands me the plate with the cake on it. I glare at her belly once more, still taken back.

"Yeah, I-I'm happy for you, how many, uh how many months?"

"6 1/2, really ready for her to come," she chuckles out and my eyes widen.

"It's a girl?" I question happily and she nods excitedly.

"Yeah, her names Camille," she cheeses as she stares down at her belly. I nod and smile.

"W-who's the dad, if you don't mind me asking," I take a huge gulp. She raises an eyebrow at me while remaining silent for a bit.

"He- he uh couldn't make it because he's so busy with work, but his names Dylan, you'll love him, he's a very wonderful person," she cooes. Should it hurt? Should I feel stupid and disappointed in myself. I feel my stomach churning and eyes water. Why are my eyes watering? It's been a year! I broke up with her! I broke her heart.

"Will you excuse me? Congratulations Charley," I state and race off inside. I need to fix what ever emotion that is occurring.

I think that had to be the hardest  thing I've ever done. Facing her, knowing I'm not over her. Knowing it was just a year and a couple months ago when I broke her heart. I lock the bathroom door and just cry. Why the fuck am I crying and emotional?

There's a knock on the door.

"I'll be out in a minute," I call randomly, my voice cracking. I try to hold it together.

"Open the door Cher, it's me Jest," I sigh and wipe at the tears. I open the door abruptly and step aside for him to come inside. He takes one glance at me and shakes his head.

"Charley's pregnant," He says as if I haven't already seen it for myself. I nod and wipe my eyes more.

"I know Jest," I murmur.

"Why are you crying?" He questions.

"Because I hurt her," I murmur out. I try to wrap my head around things. I hurt her, I would constantly shout that because I did.

"Okay." He states carelessly. As if it's not that big of a deal. I stare up at him offended.

"What the hell do you mean okay?"