15-Flashback Pt.1

8 YEARS BACK.

"I can't believe you dyed your hair, stupid," Charley smacks the back of my head with much force making my head fly forward.

"Hey watch the cut!" I groan as I rub my freshly shaved pink and purple cut. We sit on top of Charley's grandad old SUV that he constantly yells at us to stay off of, yet we find our way back on top of it.

He always tells us he's going to fix it up-change the rusted and dried out battery, but he never does. She tosses me a beer, the 6 pack of beers I stole out of Mr.Qurvey garage mini-fridge. Mark and I helped clean his gutters for $15 bucks each and when we were finished his fridge was wide open and I saw a clear opportunity.

"Do you always do everything Benton challenges you to do?"Mark questions raising an eyebrow. I groan and roll my eyes at his smart remark.

"Hey guess what? The Oshers old house has been sold to some people and my moma made us go over and meet their children. They have a 14 year old daughter and two twin 7 year old boys," Charley gossips while pointing towards the house. I stare across the road over at the mint green, well taken care of, house. The grass cut nicely and the tulips and lilli's that surround it beautifully.

The door opens and two boys run out onto the lawn with a teenage girl yelling at them loudly.

"I hung out with her a couple of times, her name is Jamie and she's a pretty chill person," Charley grins pointing at her.

"She's pretty hot," Mark states rising up to get a better look at her, seeing he was just sprawled across the hood of the car as if it was his bed.

"You should hear her sweet soft voice," Charley states. Mark and I turn to face her curiously raising an eyebrow at her comment. She blushes and continues to stare.

"Want me to call her over?" She questions. I shrug and Mark nods eagerly.

"Jamie," she calls loudly. The girl head snaps towards us and she smiles and wave. Charley waves back and motions for her to come over. Mark straightens up as the girl runs, stops at the curb, looks both ways, then runs across the lawn over to ours.

"Hey Charley," she greets grinning and looking over our faces.

"Hey James! This is Cher," I catch the nickname she gave her. She nods and greets me, stretching out her hand to meet mines. I don't necessarily shake her hand rather give her a nod.

"I like your hair! It's vibrant and cool," she states while pointing at my head.

"Thank you, I just got it did yesterday," I state smoothly. She nods and grins at me until Mark clears his throat loudly for Charley to hear and finally she introduces the two.

"And this is Dumbass-I mean Mark. Don't worry he's gay!" She jokes and Mark pushes her a little bit too hard and she falls off the car carelessly.

"You stupid cunt!" She yells standing to her feet and tries to attack him. I hold her back while Mark holds up his hand defensively.

"Sorry Jamie-right?" I question while still holding Charley back. She nods looking between Mark and Charley.

"Welcome to our neighborhood," I grunt out.

Flashback Vanishes.

-Cher

I slowly open my eyes only to see Charley's face inches away from mine. I quickly move away from her but my head shoots with pain. My neck on down to my abdomen rings with pain. I grunt out and clutch my stomach. Charley switches sides and her back faces me. I try not to disturb her and I shift to help ease the pain.