36- You No Longer Care?

"Christian, this way, come here buddy," I try to encourage the child towards me. He wobbles from foot to foot across the family room with the remote controller in his hand. I asked the kid to bring the remote to me and he ends up taking it and running away with it in fits of laughter.

"Woah woah woah buddy," Jax says as she enters the family room and catches the toddler in the mist of the crime. She pulls him into her and he giggles more and try to break away from her.

"What'Chu doing huh? Bothering aunt Cher?" She says as she tickles his little belly and hand me the remote.

"Oh thank god, that kid moves fast!" I grunt out and she chuckles.

"Say sorry to Auntie Cher," Jax tells him as she holds him in front of me. He puts on these adorable puppy dog eyes and pout. I want one of these for Christmas, I swear this kid is one of a kind.

"Sowie Auntie Share." I couldn't stay mad at that face. I pinch at his cheeks.

"It's fine handsome," I say and he jumps down into my arms and wraps his tiny around my neck and just rest there. His head pressed against the side of mines.

"Awwwwnnnn," my mother and Justina says as they see the little creature snuggled into me. It was adorable. Christian is a smart, very energetic, nice kid and he automatically became my favorite human being in the world.

"Cher with kids is like Satan with feelings," Justina says smartly. She's such a hater.

"Hey Justina, where's your man?" I call out sarcastically, and boy oh boy do my mom and Jax break into laughter. Justina face instantly goes cold.

"I can get a man, okay, where's your girlfriend?" She fires back as a smirk replaces her cold expression. I chuckle at that.

"Nonexistent." I call out as I tickle Christian.

"Uh huh, so we in the same boat, wouldn't you say?" She says.

"That we are," I smile. The kid pulls from my arms and scurries off. Probably to go crawl up the steps and mess with Andrew or AJ. He connects so well with them two too. AJ calls him the green monster off of Monster Inc. it's pretty funny because he went out looking for a onesie just for the kid to wear because Halloween is quickly approaching.

The door bell rings, and everyone turns to me. I guess they expect me to get the door. Which is very lazy of them because they're all much closer.

"This isn't even my house," I call out.

"Yes it is, go get the door Cher," my mom demands. I sink into the sofa annoyed and wait a few minutes to get up. I open it only to find Charley, looking beautiful, as always. She doesn't look disappointed to see me, but she doesn't look happy. I still stare stunned as to why she showed up here.

"Can we talk?" She whispers. It's barely a whisper, more like a very very inaudible mentioning. She stares down at the ground instead of at me. Is she still ashamed to look at me?

"Yes! Yeah-sure," I try to make myself less anxious to talk to her. That "yes" was so excited 1and over exaggerated that I wanted to slap myself. She steps aside. I stare at her confusingly

"Out here? It's cold, are you sure you don't —"

"I have on a sweater Cher, I'm fine. I mean if you are?" She squeezes the oversized sweater around her. She does look comfortable and very pregnant.

"Okay, I'll be right back." I excitedly go inside to retrieve my sweater and her a blanket, she may have on a sweater but it's still cold out. All eyes turn on me as I run by the family room.