The New Girl

I walked down the hallway and waved to everyone. Scratch that, I was limping. You see, when you start thinking about your boyfriend in the middle of trying to spike a volleyball at the first game of the year with every ounce of pressure on you, you can end up like me, with your cuneiforms fractured in your foot and an ugly black boot that goes up to your kneecap for the first month of the school year. 'Boyfriend'. That word seemed so distant and unknown. Me and Finn didn't finish the knot off all the way until about two weeks after our Glee Camp happening. You should've seen my Aunt's reaction when I forgot I had hickeys and one day decided to pull my hair up in the car. That was the second time I almost got killed this year.

Anyways, I was able to score on the volleyball team over the summer when I got one of them annoying fliers in my mailbox. I was the last person picked though, but I still beat someone at least. I managed to healthily lose weight at the practices and on my own. Finn didn't like it, but I still did it anyways because I want this to be the year I take care of myself. I look the same, I'm just a little slimmer. Everything is still the normal though, my long hair, my shortness, and my personality. Also, I was able to get my licence so I could get myself around, but I'll take a truck ride with Finn any damn day. But guess what McKinely bitches? I've got a whole new attitude this year.

I made it to Glee club and there was a girl standing in front of the classroom. I immediately recognized her. She was the one who I danced with at the Glee flash mob at the end of Sophomore year. She had gotten a little taller, and a nervous smile was on her face. Her dark ginger hair complimented her bright green eyes. Finn grabbed my hand and helped me up the tiny stair to my seat. He kept my hand in his and kissed it softly, making me blush deeply. "Okay class, so you may be wondering who this student is." Mr. Schuester closed the door. "I had many auditions over the summer for new glee club members, and her's stuck out to me the most. I wanted her to audition for all of you just to get the final thumbs up."

I smiled and face a tiny wave to the girl and she did the same to me as her eyes lit up a little recognizing me. "I'm, uh, Amelia McAllister and I'm a sophomore." She introduced herself. "Nice to meet you, whenever you're ready." Rachel said.

The music started and I watched as Amelia became more comfortable by loosening her sleeves and changing her stance. Kurt immediately turned to me. "I used to not be able to pull his song off. I hope she can do it." He whispered.

Amelia: Remember those walls I built? Well, baby they're tumbling down. And they didn't even put up a fight, they didn't even make a sound. I found a way to let you in. But, I never really had a doubt. Standing in the light of your halo, I got my angel now.

Her voice was sweet and very smoothe. I wait patiently for her to get to the main bridge.

Amelia: It's like I've been awakened, every rule I had you breakin'. It's the risk that I'm taking. I ain't never gonna shut you out! Everywhere I'm looking now, I'm surrounded by your embrace. Baby, I can see your halo, you know you're my saving grace.

I started clapping and cheering with everyone. She smiled to herself and continued the song.

Amelia: You're everything I need and more, it's written all over your face. Baby, I can feel your halo, pray it won't fade away.

We helped her sing backing lyrics and she grinned to herself.

All: I can feel your halo, halo, halo. I can see your halo, halo, halo. I can feel your halo, halo, halo. I can see your halo, halo... Halo, ooh ooh...

I looked around to see everyone's reactions and all of them were hooked on her. I knew there and then that we had found our newest member.

Amelia: Hit me like a ray of sun, burning through my darkest night. You're the only one that I want, think I'm addicted to your light. I swore I'd never fall again, but this don't even feel like falling. Gravity can't forget to pull me back to the ground again.

Amelia hit the high notes perfectly and crisp clear. I was taken back. She seemed like a shy girl at the little singing mob last school year, but turns out she's really fierce and cool, and I'm only telling that by the way she performs!

Amelia: And it's like I've been awakened, every rule I had you breakin'. It's the risk that I'm taking, I'm never gonna shut you out! Everywhere I'm looking now, I'm surrounded by your embrace. Baby, I can see your halo, you know you're my saving grace.

Mr. Schuester seemed very into her. Amelia then started belting out louder notes, causing chills to run down my spine and Mr. Schuester to go nuts.

Amelia: You're everything I need and more, it's written all over your face. Baby, I can feel your halo, pray it won't fade away.

All: I can feel your halo, halo, halo. I can see your halo, halo, halo. I can feel your halo, halo, halo. I can see your halo, halo... Halo, ooh ooh... I can feel your halo, halo, halo. I can see your halo, halo, halo. I can feel your halo, halo, halo. I can see your halo, halo... Halo, ooh ooh...

I used the chair to prop myself up. Once I finally stood, I began clapping as loud as I could. Everyone stood up too and began clapping also. Her face turned red as she bowed her head. "Wow, that was amazing." Mr. Schuester stood up next to her. "So what do you guys think?" Matthew got up and grabbed a chair from the pile in the corner. He sat the seat next to his and grinned.

"Welcome to Glee Club." He smirked, all of us up roaring in applause.