Glossy Eyes

-3rd Person-

Camila couldn't fall asleep. She would be hot, then cold, then immediately hot again. Nothing was right.

She got up from her bed and flicked her lamp on. She stripped her shirt off to expose her bare chest and fanned herself, only to regret it and throw her shirt back on. "What the?" She questioned herself. Camila turned her fan on blast and tried to bare through her coldness, wondering why she was hot, then cold every time she did something. When she couldnt bare it any longer, she turned the fan off and started layering herself, but once again, she was too hot.

Her headache was started to pound harder. She grabbed a single aspirin and plopped it in her mouth. She pulled her hair up into a bun and paced her room, questioning why all of this is happrning. Thoughts ran through her mind like race cars: maybe I'm just getting sick? Or allergies are kicking in? Her breathing slowed down much quicker as she opened her door and went out to the hallway. Camila clutched her chest and slowly slid down the wall outside her door. "Get up Camila, get up." She urged herself. She used the wall and the door knob to pull herself up after taking the break to sit. This had been going on for the past hour she was trying to sleep, and she was tired of suffering. "Okay, okay. Quit thinking about stuff, you'll just make yourself worst." Camila sighed. She walked back into her room and paced around more. "Am I having a panic attack? No, I haven't had anything to worry about." She held her forehead that was ice cold.

All of the sudden, her lungs felt like they pinched together and she couldnt get no air in. Her gasp was so loud, it could break a glass in an instant. She felt her body go limp as she helplessly fell to the ground, smashing her face onto her carpet without any energy to stop her. She moaned in pain and she tried to suck in as much air as she could. Blood trickled into the carpet from her nose and she watched a patch of her beautiful cotton white capret turn into a deep burgendy. Camila tried getting up, but her body wasn't moving; at all. She cursed to herself while listening to her ugly sobs. She found some strength to grab on to a leg of her dresser and pull herself towards the outlet that plugged her phone in. Camila used all her might to reach for her phone but nothing was moving. She lashed out in pain and her lungs tightened more and she couldnt breathe. "FINN!" She cried out, knowing he was at home perfectly still and asleep.

She latched her fingers onto her book bag that was next to her phone and took about five minutes to open the zipper. She reached in and grabbed her insulin pen. Camila slowly moved her pen to her thigh and pushed it in. Managing to click the pen, she didn't feel one drop of the sweet pain taker drip into her system.

Camila then remembered she was out, and forgot to get it filled that day.

"Agh!" She sobbed, feeling her lungs almost burst. Her vision was getting too blurry over her cheeks. "JULIE! MOMMA!" Camila whined and moaned out. Her body was becoming weaker and weaker and she started to drill into her mind that she would die tonight. The tears dripped rapidly out of her face while she made her way slowly to her phone again. Once the screen appeared, she hit the emgerancy call button and Finn's number was the closest to her thumb. She let her hand fall on it and cried harder and harder as the call forwarded. It seems like hours in her head as the phone paged on and on and on. "Hey babe, shouldn't you be in bed?" Finn questioned, his voice indicating her call had waken him up.

"....help...help me ple....fin-" Her hand dropped on the phone and ended the call. Her sobs quieted down as she clenched her eyes shut, knowing there was no hope for her.

----------

Finn's truck barreled down the road, almost hitting a couple trashcans. Behind him, and ambulance soared and screamed out into the dead night. His tires squealed to a stop in front of her house as he got out and slammed his door. He ran up to the front door and pounded furiously on it. "CAMILA!" He yelled. He played with the doorknob, but it was locked. He rammed his shoulder into the door as hard as he could a couple of times. The door rocked and rattled until it finally busted through and the knob put a hole in the wall. He frantically looked around and shot up the stairs. "CAM? CAM?!" He ran down the upstairs hall. The house was silent with no trace of a sound.

Finn ran through her open door and almost fell on the ground with her as a wash of emotion came crashing down with him.

Blood was dripping from her face and she was silent. Her eyes were glossed over and her chest was barely moving. "Oh Camileon no no no no." His voice cracked as he threw himself to her. He rolled her over and her body was limp, a silent whistle of air coming from her crooked nose. Some relief came, but not all the way. "Camila it's me, Finn. You're going to be okay. Breathe for me please." He was out of breathe from coming up the stairs. He scooped her up and directed himself down the hall and the stairs to the awaiting EMT with the gurney in the living room. He laid her down on the bed and the EMT went to work while one pushed her out of the house. "She is showing symptoms of an Anaphylaxis shock. I need vitals immediately and a general dose of anesthesia on her. Her body is overheating with shock and it'll shut down if she stays awake through it." A women called out that was trying to slice her shirt open. Finn bit the sleeve of his shirt to hide his sobs as they loaded her onto the ambulance.

He stood bent over in the ambulance holding her cold hand. It usually intertwined with his once he grabbed it, but this time it didnt. He watched the EMT pull the string that was connected to a mask over her head and steadied her. He watched her softly opened eyes close themselves up, hiding her beautiful chocolate brown eyes.

Finn rushed out of the ambulance to make room for the EMT'S and got into his truck. He followed behind the truck carrying his everything, banging his fists on the dashboard and crying out in tears.