Competition Day Part 2

All of us secretly turned the lights out and scared all the guys, but Mr

All of us secretly turned the lights out and scared all the guys, but Mr. Schuester knew what we were doing. We used tiny little lights to find our spots on the risers and faced the guys in pitch black. "Gentlemen, give it up for the McKinley High Girl side of the Glee Club!" All the boys cheered as only our silhouettes appeared in white lights behind us while we struck sexy poses with the mic stands. The track had Donnie Wahlburg yelling since it would sound weird for one of us trying to sound seductive doing it. White stage lights came on to reveal us and the guys went nuts from our looks. I eyed Finn directly as we did our little dance moves behind the stands while Amelia sang in hers.

Amelia: Everybody in the club right now, tell the DJ to turn it loud. Dedicate man, your favorite song, single ladies you can't go wrong. Everybody in the club right now, tell the DJ to turn it loud. Dedicate man, your favorite song.

All of us walked up to our stands in the middle of her singing. I eyed Finn and stroked my stand seductively.

Camila: If you came here by yourself tonight, cause she wouldn't pick up the phone. She was supposed to meet you here tonight, couldn't find her so you came alone.

Rachel: It don't matter cause you're here now. And the music, you're enjoyin'. So for the next couple minutes, baby I'm gonna be your girlfriend

Amelia: Pretty baby, if you're single, single

Girls: You don't gotta be alone tonight

Rachel: So while the DJ play this single, single

Girls: Just pretend that I'm your girl tonight

We then started to do the moves New Kids On the Block does and the boys were impressed.

Quinn: So you don't gotta be alone

Girls: I'll your girlfriend

Tina: So you don't gotta be alone

Girls: Boy, I'll be your girlfriend

Angie: So you don't gotta be alone

Girls: Baby I'll be your girlfriend. Be your girlfriend till the song goes off

We took our mics off the stands and started heading down the risers. I saw Finn cross his legs tightly, something he always did when he got too excited in public, and I decided that I'd play around with him and make it worst as we did our dance while Amelia sang.

Amelia: Everybody in the club right now, tell the DJ to turn it loud. Dedicate man, your favorite song, single ladies you can't go wrong. Everybody in the club right now, tell the DJ to turn it loud. Dedicate man, your favorite song.

We all stood in front of a guy equally doing whatever we pleased while Brittany sang to the judges. I looked at Finn and pucked my lips out a bit because that look always made him go crazy.

Brittany: She don't tell you that you're worth it all, lemme tell it to you to the beat. She don't tell you that she loves you boy

Girls: Let me sing it in a harmony

I sat down in Finn's lap and all the guys cooed. Finn held the small on back while I sat sideways on him and he watched me in amazement

Camila: Let my song get you higher, we never have to come back down.

I then leaned back and let my leg lift in the air and felt him get even more excited underneath my lap.

Camila: And if ever you should miss me, just tell the DJ run it back now.

I got up and slowly backed away. Finn's face was flushed with redness and I tried not laughing.

Amelia: Pretty baby, if you're single, single

Girls: You don't gotta be alone tonight

Rachel: So while the DJ play this single, single

Girls: Just pretend that I'm your girl tonight

Quinn: So you don't gotta be alone

Girls: I'll your girlfriend

Tina: So you don't gotta be alone

Girls: Boy, I'll be your girlfriend

Angie: So you don't gotta be alone

Girls: Baby I'll be your girlfriend. Be your girlfriend till the song goes off. Oh oh oh whoa oh...Oh oh oh whoa oh...Oh oh oh whoa oh...Be your girlfriend till the song goes off.

We all were back at our stands doing our dance one last time.

Amelia: Everybody in the club right now, tell the DJ to turn it loud. Dedicate man, your favorite song, single ladies you can't go wrong. Everybody in the club right now, tell the DJ to turn it loud. Dedicate man, your favorite song.

Us girls ended in the poses we started with and all the boys applauded and rooted for us. We bowed and got down from the risers to sit in chairs all together and wait for the results. Finn and I sat and watched everyone talk through the bell ringing indicating it was time for everyone to come home, but we all agreed to stay behind to help clean the stage up and start putting stuff away since next week was the last week of school. All of us soon got really bored and scattered out across the room. I went over to a broken mirror that we had put in the back corner to throw away some time and started doing little spins. Rachel was holding a recital the night before the last day of school next Thursday so I took it upon myself to use the leisure time to get some pointers in.

"I think those moves will guarantee you a spot at NYADA, whether you're big or small." Finn appeared in the mirror behind me. I froze in place and looked at me feet. He walked over and I turned around. "How'd you -" "When I used your laptop this morning to look up the cheat sheet for the Biology homework, the page was still open to what you were looking at last night." He sighed. I lowered my head and played with my thumbs until he lifted it with his finger and looked at me in the eyes. "I don't want to see you do this again Camila, I mean it. You're a smart and talented girl who can do anything. Come audition time Senior year, you will kick ass and become the first plus sized dancer there, and you will go on to do amazing things." He spoke softly. Finn kissed my lips sweetly before the judges came in. I looked at him dreadfully because his word always healed my sorrow, but this time, they didn't. I still had doubts.

"Gather around! We have our winner!" Mr. Schuester announced. All of us rushed over around the piano with our hearts screaming out of our chests. "This was tough, but we've come to a conclusion." Ms. Holiday grinned. "And......our winner is." All of us beat on the table and Mrs. Pillsbury came in with an identical trophy. "Both teams!" She smiled. We looked in awe at each other until Coach Bieste spoke up. "Your lesson in this case is that a title or championship doesn't define who wins or loses, it's if you had fun and worked hard. Both teams win because you both were dedicated and had fun." He smiled. I shrugged and grabbed a trophy, then Finn grabbing the other and we danced around cheering while the judges threw confetti in the air.

Though it's not a National Championship, it's a trophy of our teamwork and bond we all share.

Merry Christmas Eve! And, if you don't celebrate Christmas, Happy Holiday's! There will be no updates until after December 26th because I'd really like to dedicate the time to spend time with my family! I love you all!