Promise

"Finn! Oh my god! I feel like a child, I want to ride all the rides! And they have Snoopy here?! Are you kidding?" I furiously shook the brochure Finn handed me as I read over it. He chuckled to himself and looked at me. "They even have a Snoopy show." He wiggled his eyesbrows. I fell back in my seat and sighed. "I have to get a picture, I just have to!" I threw my arms up.

Finn turned onto the winding road that ran in front of the huge parking lot for the amusement park. On the advertising billboard, a very scary crown had a grin on its face with 'Halloween Haunt' written next to him. "Uh.... Finn? You know I don't like clowns.." I pointed to billboard as we waited behind other cars to pay for our parking. "I didn't even know that was going on. Maybe it's just for Halloween night to get people pumped." He shrugged biting his lip. He got our parking pass and hung it on his rear view mirror handle. We drove up and down the isles of cars and found one all the way in the back. "Woah, so many people." I yelled over the crowd as we made our way to the enterance. Two metal garage-like doors were blocking the enterance to keep people out until it opened. Finn and I secretly squeezed to the front and waited for the time to come. Once it was time for the park to open, I jumped and screamed as massive amounts of banging sounded off on the doors. "What the hell." I looked around and everyone was cheering. The doors began to slowly rise and I saw the bottom of a bunch of people's bodies.

But it wasn't people, it was monsters and scary creatures.

The doors rose up all the way and there stood thousands of Halloween creatures, demons, and monsters. If you could think of one, it was there. I squeezed Finn's arm and felt myself get frightened. "I'm sorry, I didn't know this was going on. Do you wanna go home?" Finn looked worridly down at me. "No, no! It's okay." I managed to get through my chattering teeth. "Welcome, to your worst nightmare." An eerie voice rang over the intercom. A countdown began going and everyone engaged in it. "Remember, they're people in costumes." Finn held me tightly. "3..2..1!" Then, all of them came running at us. Chainsaw engines roared and screams came from every direction. Me and Finn quickly walked and started heading to some rides. We came upon one called, 'Invetigo'. I watched other people on it. It went forwards and backwards and looked pretty fun.

I watched through the chain link fence, that was around the line, a scary bloody teddy bear sneaking up and scaring this group of girls. I held the bottom of my elbows turning around, only to meet with a frown spread across Finn's face. He turned and moved forwards in line to a gate so we could get on the ride next. "Alright Camila. Put your big girl jeans on, don't make him feel bad. You're okay. Just remember, they're not real. They're not real." I repeated to myself. I forced a laugh and tapped Finn on the shoulder. I pointed out a couple running from a guy with a chainsaw and he laughed too. "See, it's not so bad. Just fun" Finn shrugged.

"Yep, not at all." I bit the inside of my cheek.

*********

It was night time, and things were just getting worst.

I was hidden inside Finn's arm as we ran from this guy who was sliding on his knees and creating sparks as he did. I found ourselves in line for our first haunted house tonight, since we had ridden every ride in the park basically. "Anne's Doll House, are you kidding." I hung my head over my body staring up to the sign. "Ah come on, you've braved the whole day without cracking!" Finn patted my back a little too hard. I froze in place as the worker signaled us in. Finn chuckled and bent down in front of me. "Hop on." He twiddled his fingers. "Well, at least they can't grab me from up here." I implied in my head. I jumped onto his back and he locked his hands around my knees as we went inside. Immediately, a doll fell from the ceiling and I hid my face in Finn's neck.

As we kept walking through a maze of dolls hanging by ropes, some real and others not, we came into a bedroom that looked like one from a doll house. Nothing was going on and people were far behind us still stuck in the maze. "You good?" Finn stopped in his tracks to adjust myself on him. "Yep, just love being a creepy doll house." I groaned.

Then, a girl dressed as a doll grabbed Finn's foot and he let go of me. I fell hard to the ground as Finn took off screaming. More dolls came out and started surrounding me, getting closer and closer to my face. I felt tears stream down my face as I looked around and saw Finn standing above them. He grabbed my arm and pulled me away from them and basically dragged me out of there. I could hear his soft chuckles as he was out of breathe as I tried to catch mine, huntched over holding my knees. I stood up and puched his arm. "Ow." Finn rubbed it. "You dropped me." I glared at him. "I'm sorry baby. I won't drop you next time." He kept softly chuckling as he pulled me into a hug. "No, there will be no next time." I gritted my teeth. Finn ended up taking me to the non haunted part of the amusement park (the kiddie land) to take a picture with Snoopy and ride some of the kiddie rides we could fit on before the fireworks at midnight. Finn bought me a wand that glowed different colors and himself a dorky hat that did the same. He let me on top of his shoulders to watch the fireworks explode beautiful colors behind the eiffle tower. After a bit, he put me down and I stood next to him. "Finn I can't see." I stood on my tip toes. "Look at me instead." He said. The next thing I knew, Finn took a box out of his pocket and opened it, getting down on one knee. I was taken back.

"This isn't a wedding ring, because I'm not ready to propose to you, yet. But I will someday. I want to give you this promise ring to symbolize my promise to you that you'll always be mine, and only mine. I'll love you till the day I die, and I want to hold onto you until I feel were both ready to bond our lives together. You're my best friend, my soulmate, and my everything. Will you accept my promise?" I looked and saw one with my name carved on it already on his finger. I nodded my head with tears chasing down my face for the second time tonight. He slid it on my ring finger and a photographer flashed a picture of him doing it.

I wrapped my arms around Finn and kissed him as passionately as I could as the fireworks roared in the sky behind us.