Competition Day Part 1

Thursday, Competition Day.

I treated it like Nationals with limited talking, hot tea all day, and vick's vapor rub in my chest masked with a huge load of perfume. Though my mind should've been cleared like I always made sure it was, it was still on college and decisions I needed to make. Finn was starting to pick up on my doubt-filled energy and I'm trying to conceal it as much as I can even though no makeup will ever hide the fact that I'm plus-sized.

Me and Mercedes impatiently stared at the clock on the wall, waiting for it to strike one-fifteen. It got to the point her foot was bouncing so out of control, she ended up stomping on my toe and causing me to yell out. I didn't want to embarrass her, so I just said I got a Charlie horse. The bell finally rang after what seemed like hours and the two of us rushed to the dance room to get as much practice as we could in with the girls since Mr. Schuester was only giving us ten minutes to practice and ten minutes to get in costume. I put on my black dance shorts on and my strapless bra with a baggy t-shirt over it.

"Do you guys seriously think we'll be able to pull this off? The song is known to be masculine and I don't want to go out there looking like an idiot." Tina questioned out loud as we practiced our little dance moves without the microphones. "Imagine how the guys feel doing a feminine song. I mean, Kurt is living the dream but they have it harder. We have to close the doors so they don't get their asses kicked for being to girly. I think we will be okay." Quinn said softly. "Okay ladies, it's time to do the coin flip to see who goes first." Mr. Schuester peaked his head in. We all walked to the choir room and grinned at the set up it had.

There was no stage, just the three risers we had with big lights and music speakers. The boys looked devilishly at us as me and Finn stepped forward. "Heads." I grinned. "Tails it is." Finn nodded. Mr. Schuester threw the coin into the air and we watched it drop to the ground and roll across the room. Artie went over to it and looked over his wheelchair. "Tails!" He called, causing all the guys to roar in happiness. "Damnit." I stomped my foot. "It's okay, since we'll be last, it'll be fresh in the judges minds." Rachel turned to us. All of us girls sat down in the line of chairs against the book case and white board while the other judges came in and the boys went to go change. "The judges today will be me, Mrs. Pillsbury, Ms. Holiday, and Coach Bieste." They all waved and we waved back. They all went and sat at a table next to us when the boys came out.

They all actually looked hot in the shade of pink that was on their jackets

They all actually looked hot in the shade of pink that was on their jackets. We all whistled and hollered at them and they all ended up striking poses like they were on a runway. I started laughing so hard and ended up falling out of my chair and taking Amelia down with me, which made us laugh even harder. "Okay ladies, please give it up for the McKinley High Boy side of the Glee Club!" Mr. Schuester announced over the speakers we had set up. We all clapped and screamed before the music started.

Matthew: I'm breakin' down gonna start from scratch. Shake it off like an etch-a-sketch. My lips are saying goodbye, my eyes are finally dry.

Blaine: I'm not the way that I used to be. I took the record off repeat. It killed me but I survived, and now I'm coming alive.

Guys: I'll never be that guy again, no oh oh. I'll never be that guy again, no oh oh.

Kurt: My innocence is wearin' thin, but my heart is growing strong. So call me, call me, call me

Guys: Mister movin' on, oh oh oh. Mister movin' on, oh oh oh, yeah.

We all looked at each other and were taken back. The music was still in the same key and the were able to change the lyrics smoothley. They all took the microphone off their stands and walked towards us.

Puck: I broke the glass that surrounded me. I ain't the way you remember me. I was such a good guy, so fragile, I don't know why.

Finn bent down to my height and winked at me. All the girls swooned with me thinking they were an actual boy band.

Finn: I jumped the fence to the other side. My whole world was electrified. Now I'm no longer afraid, it's Independence Day

Blaine: It's Independence Day

Finn's part sounded perfect for him. He jumped the love fence from normal girls to me, and now he's no longer afraid to try new things. Not new women though since he told me I'm his last girlfriend which made me so elated.

Guys: I'll never be that guy again, no oh oh. I'll never be that guy again, no oh oh.

Kurt: My innocence is wearin' thin, but my heart is growing strong. So call me, call me, call me

Guys: Mister movin' on

They went back to the stands and just did their own things, something that was always heavily encouraged by Mr. Schuester. Speaking of him, I looked at the judges and they were all hooked on them. We knew we had to step it up.

Kurt: Everything is changing and I never wanna go back to the way it was. I'm finding who I am and who I am from here on out is gonna be enough

Blaine: Is gonna be enough

Sam: I'll never be that guy again, no oh oh. I'll never be that guy again, oh oh oh

Guys: My innocence is wearin' thin, but my heart is growing strong. So call me, call me, call me, Mister movin' on, oh oh oh, Mister movin on

Finn: On and on and on and on and on. Yeah, I'm movin' on.

We all stood up cheering along with the judges and gave them hugs and high fives. "Okay ladies, hurry now!" Mr. Schuester said even though we were half way out the door.