Hallelujah

I rushed into the auditorium and went to grab a seat next to Finn

I rushed into the auditorium and went to grab a seat next to Finn. "Where have you been? You're an hour late." He whispered concerned. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry. I was doing my makeup and lost track of time and then I kept messing my nails up and I couldn't find my contacts so I had to search for my gla-" He cut me off with a sweet kiss and I quit talking. "As long as you're here it's okay, Rachel and the dance club are about to perform." He pointed. I looked past the huge camera we luckily got rented out and watched Tina with a microphone stand in front of the fake forest I made on Sunday. "Thank you guys so much for the donations! We have made it past our first landmark of one thousand dollars!" All of us clapped. "Now, to perform their rendition of The Nut Cracker, please welcome, McKinley High's Dance Team coached by Rachel Berry!"

All the ballet dancers came out in their toy soldier, ballerina, and toy costumes. They all bounced around perfectly and beautifully and made me wonder why I never thought about joining. "I wish you still did Ballet. You in a leotard.." Finn whistled. I hit him in on the arm and he softly laughed. "I'm actually thinking about joining them. Maybe even pursuing NYADA as a dancer." I looked at him. "I think you should, that would be beautiful." He agreed. "But yet again, I'd love to act." I side smiled. "Maybe you could do both. Don't they have musicals or plays where you sing and dance and act?" He listed off. "I'm not sure." I sighed, "I don't even know what I want to do." I watched as Rachel gracefully did pirouettes across the stage.

"Do what feels right." Finn echoed my younger self.

I sunk into my seat and continued to watching, smiling and winking at Rachel and the others girls and guys. When they finally finished, I looked over to the money counter and we had gone up to a few hundred dollars over two thousand. "Woah! Thank you guys! Alright, we are now going to throw it over to Will Schuester who will be reading 'Twas The Night Before Christmas' to everyone watching!" Tina announced. The camera man turned to Mr. Schuester who was set up in a fake scenery with a rocking chair. "Hey everyone! I'm Will, let's get started!" He sounded so fake, and I cringed. As he began reading, Puck tripped over a camera wire trying to get across stage and knocked over the fake fireplace.

I sunk down in my seat snd looked over at the board, noticing we had only gone up a dollar. "Oh....no...." I covered my eyes and curled my knees to my chest. They struggled to pick the scenery up and I noticed the views dropped drastically. Mr. Schuester quickly finished up and the camera turned back to the empty stage. I sat up and became wide eyed as everyone struggled to figure out something. "Uh hey there! I'm uh, Amelia McAllister and I will now play volleyball with a large ornament." She rushed on stage and grabbed one from the ground. She got about four sets in before it smashed onto the floor and completely broke.

"This isn't good." I croaked.

***********

I barely had my eyes uncovered from under my hands as the Cheerios did a horrible ribbon dancing routine. Some were off beat and others were just clueless, only leaving Britney, Quinn, and Santana who were actually doing it correctly. "Yeah the others should stick to cheering." Kurt bit his lip. "This is terrible." I looked at the board and we were only at $4,000 and it's been six hours. Everyone was falling asleep and nothing was going great. "We're going to let these kids down because we suck." Mike gave up and started to gather his stuff up.

I then watched Finn rise out of his seat and go on stage when the cheerios left. "Finn what are you doing?!" I whisper yelled.

Finn: I've heard there was a secret chord, that David played and it pleased the Lord, but you don't really care for music, do ya?

He paused for a minute and looked at us. Me, Mike, Kurt, and Sam started softly humming and made our way onto the stage. The stage director made the background a beautiful blue and everyone was quiet.

Finn: Well it goes like this, the fourth, the fifth, the minor fall, the major lift. The baffled king composing Hallelujah.

All: Hallelujah, Hallelujah, Hallelujah, Hallelujah

We all began to do an acapella version with Sam doing the bass tone to it. Fake snow began to quietly fall and I smiled and continued to hum.

Sam: Well, your faith was strong but you needed proof. You saw her bathing on the roof, her beauty in the moonlight overthrew ya. She tied you to the kitchen chair. She broke your throne and she cut your hair. And from your lips, she drew the Hallelujah.

All: Hallelujah, Hallelujah, Hallelujah, Hallelujah

Mike then began patting on his chest and stomping his foot to make a soft beat. looked over to the board and slowly but surely, the numbers were rising. Finn's crazy plan was working.

Camila: Well baby I've been here before. I've seen this room and I've walked this floor, I used to live alone before I knew ya.

I turned and looked up and Finn, who was smiling to me with all of his freckles making an appearance. I turned back to the camera and could still see Finn admiring me.

Camila: And I've seen your flag on the marble arch, and love is not a vict'ry march. It's a cold and it's a broken Hallelujah

All: Hallelujah, Hallelujah, Hallelujah, Hallelujah

Kurt: Well, maybe there's a God above, but all I've ever learned from love, was how to shoot somebody who outdrew ya. And it's not a cry that you hear at night. It's not somebody who's seen the light. It's a cold and it's a broken Hallelujah.

All: Hallelujah, Hallelujah, Hallelujah, Hallelujah.

We all wrapped our arms around each other as continued to harmonize.

All: Hallelujah, Hallelujah. Hallelujah, Hallelujah. Hallelujah, Hallelujah. Hallelujah, Hallelujah.

I took one last look at the board, and we were at $10,639.