Can't Handle You

I grabbed my tray and started to head to the football player table. Tonight was a football game, so Puck, Mike, Sam, and Finn had to sit there. Thankfully the coaches let girlfriends there too.

As I walked past a table, I noticed Angie and Matthew both in a similar stance. They had their chins in their hands and they were all staring at someone. I slowly began to walk and followed their eyes. Angie was looking at Sam at my table, and Matthew was eyeing Rachel. They seemed gloomy. "Woah." I whispered to myself. I sat down next to Finn and turned around one more time. They were STILL staring. "Something is up." I looked at Finn. He looked up and I rolled my eyes. "I can't find anything." His eyes wondered acrossed the ceiling. "No Finn." I grabbed his chin and pointed towards their direction. He did the same thing I did when I looked at them and then looked at me. "Woah." His eyes widened.

***************

I talked to Mr. Schuester, and he agreed that Angie and Matthew had been quiet lately. I decided to pull them aside and figure out what was happening.

"Uh, what are you doing here?" Matthew looked at Angie. "You should be asking yourself that. My note said that I'm getting recognized by myself for being on Student Council for a year straight." "Mine did too..." Matthew looked at his note. I walked out onto the stage and they eyed me. "Let me guess, you're getting recognized too?" Angie cocked her eye. "No, none of us are. I made it up to bring you two here." "You're kidding." Angie shoulders dropped. "Just come up here and sit, and I'll explain." I asked them to. They did as I told and I stood in front of you. "I saw both of you giving googly eyes to different people at lunch. What's the catch." I crossed my arms. As if they didn't know English they began to panic. "Guys, it's fine. I'm not some snitch. Just tell me." I threw my arms up. Angie looked at Matthew, and they both nodded.

"I like Sam." Angie said. "And I like Rachel." Matthew followed.

My jaw dropped at Matthew's statement. "Okay we'll get to you Angie, but first Matthew. You like Rachel?!" I became dumbfounded. "Look I know everyone knows I'm Gay, but the other day I had one good look at Rachel and I felt different. I honestly think I'm Bi." He scratched his head. "And that's great Matthew, I'm happy for you. I just never expected it." I nodded my head. "I didn't either." I turned my head to Angie and she sighed. "I've known him since the eighth grade. When we all were have Britney experiences, he was in mine and we made out. And then when I woke up I just looked at him and felt connected." She shrugged.

"You guys gotta tell them!" I grinned. "NO!" They both yelled, making me jump. "It's not that easy, and I know it. Maybe I can help you guys drop subtle hints." I asked. "As long it isn't full out, yeah I guess." Matthew side smiled.

When we got to Glee club, Matthew and Angie acted very quietly. "Okay guys, so we are going to take a break from practice this week. I've been noticing some of you haven't really been expressing yourself in your usual ways. So this week." Mr. Schuester pooped the cap off of a marker and wrote 'Expression' on the board. "I want you guys to come up with a number to express how you're feeling. Just let it all out." He flailed his arms around. Angie and Matthew both glared at me, realizing I was in on the lesson plan. "But in the mean time, I have a meeting to catch. You guys can chill for the next half hour." Mr. Schuester started grabbing his stuff. Everyone scattered like normal and I walked over to the piano with Finn.

I noticed he was really down after lunch, and I needed to know quickly what was going on.

"Hey." I smiled. "Hey." He blankly said. "Are you okay?" I asked, folding my hands behind my back and playing with my thumbs. "You've been really putting yourself down lately. And I don't like it." He looked at me. My heart stopped and I felt myself turn red. "What do you mean?" "You're starting to fall back into the way you were before you joined the cheerios last school year. I saw you this morning just stare at your body for like fifteen minutes in the mirror." "Okay, can't I do that?" I turned my head. "Camila last night when that whole situation went down, all I could think about was the uncomfortable vibe you gave off once I took your shirt off and put hickeys on your stomach.." He whispered. "Finn I've never accepted my body, and you know that. I lost a bunch of weight over the summer and my stomach got a little flatter, but I'll always look at myself horribly not matter what."

"It makes me feel like you don't trust me, that's the point Camila." "Finn I've just been scared since the whole picture incident, that's all. I'm afraid that you'll run off and find someone better. Prettier, skinnier, and everything better." "So you don't trust me... You think I'll cheat, don't you?" He slid his hands into his pockets. "Finn I trust you I'm jus-" "Thinking of the worst. I'm not a bad person, and you know it. Why would you even think these things." He cut me off. "Every girl does it." My voice started to raise. "Every girl who doesn't trust their boyfriend like they should. It gets annoying when all I tell you is that you're gorgeous and it just goes in one ear and comes out the other. This is the same shit that happened with Rachel." Finn became frustrated.

"Finn I fucking trust you. It's not that easy to drop everything and think positively of yourself when you've been downgraded all your life." I glared at him. "I feel like you just say things like that for sympathy just to make sure I care." His face became stern and sarcastic like. "Do you not care?" I crossed my arms. "I DON'T CARE HOW YOU THINK. I CAN'T HANDLE SOMEONE WHO JUST FEEDS OFF OF SYMPATHY JUST TO MAKE YOURSELF FEEL BETTER." He yelled, causing the entire class to go silent. I felt smaller, weaker, and tinier. His face was red with anger, but then started to calm into a sorrow look once he realized tears were filling my eyes. I cleared them away and toke a deep breathe in.

"Well then if you can't handle me feeling horrible about myself all the time, maybe you should find someone else to care for. They might listen to you." I suggested before walking out of the choir room quietly. As soon as I got out the door, I covered my mouth to hide my sobs.