Bickering

It was no shock to me seeing the red and blue confetti come out of the canons Friday.

All of us sat in the choir room in our usual circle on the floor and stared at the eighth place trophy sitting right in the middle of us. We had been sitting like this all of the time we were in Glee Club today, and none of us said a word. "This is complete and udder bullsh-" "Save it Puckerman." Quinn silenced him. "But it is Quinn. How come some stupid myths ruined our night?" Santana opened her mouth. "Maybe it wasn't the myths. Maybe it was because, I don't know, we were out of school for seven and a half weeks because God decided to shit a winter wonderland and we lost precious practice time?" Amelia crossed her arms.

"Or maybe it was because someone doesn't know how to be careful." Artie glared at me. "For the last time, it was STAGE. FRIGHT." I corrected him. "Oh boo hoo, I'm in a wheel chair and I could've done that routine better than you. Even under a curse." He snapped back. "Guys!" Mr. Schuester stopped us all. "Enough of the trash talk. We did our best, and that's all that counts." He signaled us to get up and go to our seats. "That's not the point. Those titles we've won before made us better people. Everyone actually liked us, we were actually somebodies. And just like that, we're nobodies again." Rachel sighed. Mr. Schuester's jaw almost fell off of his skull when she said that. "You guys really think you can only be amazing kids if you have a National title under your wing?" We all looked at each other and sadly, we couldn't deny it.

"This is ludicrous talk I thought I'd never have to hear out of sixteen and seventeen year olds." Mr. Schuester shook his head, "You guys can do anything you want, be whoever you want, and say whatever you want with or without a title. Sure, it gave you the feeling of power, but you can have your own power no matter what." He became silent until you could see him brighten up. He walked over to the whiteboard and popped open the black marker, then writing "Inspire" on the board. "Your assignment this week; inspire. I want all of you to compose a routine imitating whoever inspires you. It can be anyone: Michael Jackson, Melanie Martinez, Green Day. Anyone. Those people inspire you guys because they are who they are. Their fame and money is just a bonus part. They inspire you guys because they are them, no matter what. And that's what I want you to take from it."

Our moods lightened a little, but not a lot, and Mr. Schuester could tell. The bell rang and me and Finn headed out to the snowy parking lot. We walked hand in hand, talking about anything to relieve our stress, I caught a glimpse of Summer out of my eye loading a box of her locker things into her car. My jaw clenched and I watched as Finn had his nose dived into his phone distracted and still talking about how much he craved gold fish crackers. I quietly wondered off and when I could tell he still thought I was there, I made a beeline for her car.

"Oh great you're leaving, like you should've." I crossed my arms leaning up against her car. "Don't lean up against my car, I just got it cleaned and I don't want any more dirt on it." She rolled her eyes at me. "Oh hunny, please. Everything about me is clean." I brushed fake dirt off my shoulders. "And thats why you fell at Regionals?" Summer snorted. I pulled my fist up to punch her, but someone grabbed my arms and pulled them down in front of me. I knew it was Finn by the color of his gloves as he turned me around and started walking me to my car with my arms still held forcefully down to my stomach. "You can't always solve things by punching." He groaned.

"Nice hips Betty Crocker!" Paul called.

Finn stopped, causing me to almost fall. He slowly turned around and I could see his face turning even more red, and it wasn't from the cold. My face burned with anger as well. Finn was wearing a black turtleneck, and yeah he had little love handles but they weren't bad. "Oh look, you've pissed Bonnie and Clyde off." Summer snickered. I looked up at Finn and he looked down at me glaring. "Come on Finn." I grabbed his arm and pulled him with me to our cars. Once we left, I called him from my car as I followed behind his truck on the highway heading to go meet up with Julie to get dinner at Breadsticks.

"I don't even have hips." I heard Finn groan as I turned my wind shield wipers on high to remove the snow quicker. "Everyone technically does, but yours isn't as massive as mine. He's just trying to get under your skin." "But I like your hips. I can always hold on to something when I hold you." His voice lightened. "Yes, I know you do." I chuckled. It was silent for a while as we tried focusing on the road. Finn's truck was blocking some of the snow, but when it hit the top of his truck, it would hit my windshield and cover it up. Thankfully the heat inside my car would melt it straight away. "Oh damn I love this song. Did you know David Bowie isn't actually a brand of bow and arrows? He's actually a pretty inspiring guy." Finn questioned as I heard his radio turn up some more. "Yes Finn. Say, do you know who you're gonna choose for this week's assignment?" I asked. I took the opportunity to reach down to my boot quickly and clean piece of a damp leaf off of it as he went through an assortment of people.

When I looked back up, I hadn't realized Finn slammed on his breaks.