Revenge

I tapped my foot violently as I went through my mom's phone in the schools library

I tapped my foot violently as I went through my mom's phone in the schools library. I got my boot off yesterday and couldn't be happier. Also, when I went to my house to get more clothes, I found her phone in a box and was able to charge it.

I scrolled through her texts and came across a conversation between her and her friend Sarah from when I was only eight years old:

Sarah: Are you still coming to Dianna's party tonight at the bar?

Me: I'm not sure, I promise Camila I'd take her downtown to skate on the ice before they closed it off for Christmas Weekened.

Sarah: It's a shame if you don't come Katherine. I'm bringing Mebaral!!

Me: What in God's name is that?

Sarah: It's this pill that lessons the side affects of hang overs. Plus they make you feel good. I take them all the time.

I felt my knees lock up. I clenched my jaw and shifted in my seat. I looked around the library before returning back to the texts.

Me: I don't know Sarah....

Sarah: Come on Katherine! Loosen up, damn.

Me: Julie said she'd take Camila and watch over her, so I am going. But I'm not sure if I want to take those.

Sarah: I promise they aren't addicting at all, they're just a bunch of fun wrapped up in a tiny pill ;)

Me: I guess it won't hurt to try. See you in 15

I covered my mouth and blinked tears from my eyes. I remember questioning Aunt Julie why mom wasn't taking me and it was her instead. I had grown up knowing Sarah all my life. She lied to my mother about something so serious. She got my mom addicted to something that she couldn't escape. She encouraged her to mix drugs with alcohol.

She killed my mother

I felt the anger rush out of my ears as I immediately copied her number to my phone and began texting to her.

Me: Hey Sarah! I'm Camila McKnight, Katherine McKnight's daughter! Please text me as soon as you can!