Regionals Part 1

After a three hour flight along with a twenty minute drive, we finally made it to Bozeman, Montana.

We had no time to kill, so me and Finn stayed at the theatre while Aunt Julie and Carol took our luggage with the rental car to the hotel since they didn't have anything to do. I walked past people painting a back hallway and rushed under a ladder. "Camila!" Finn exclaimed. "What?!" I exclaimed back trying to find the practice room everyone was in. "That's bad luck why would you do that?!" He asked. "Finn, you're superstitious and need to chill out." I groaned, then finding the mirrored room and walking in. Everyone was in the middle of practicing so we just stripped down to the workout clothes we had under our normal ones and joined in.

"I saw Summer out in the lobby exchanging spit with Paul. When did that become a thing?" Mercedes asked me as we continued our routine later on. "Don't know, don't care. She is none of my concern tonight." I shrugged. "No, but the Warblers should be." She sighed. "Look, we are going to win, just like we have the last four competitions." I began to spin around. "Camila." "Summer is just a little part to add on to why I hate Paul and his little boyfriends." "Camila!" "In fact, Paul and Summer can take his third place trophy from last year and shove it up their-" "CAMILA!" I then slammed into a table, which busted into the mirror. I watched as it shattered to the ground into millions of pieces. Finn came over and picked me up so I wouldn't walk over the glass shards. "Great, seven years bad luck. Just what we needed." Quinn threw her arms up.

"You guys are paranoid! Relax!" I laughed a little even though I knew Julie would have to pay for it. We relocated to a new room, and as we were practicing, I noticed the word Macbeth written on the wall with an X mark through it. "Why is Macbeth crossed out?" I asked. "CAMILA." Basically everyone screamed my name. "WHAT?" I jumped. "DON'T SAY THAT HERE!" Amelia yelled. "ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR MIND?" I turned bright red and looked at Santana, who was basically crying in the corner saying, "¡MALDITO! ¡MALDITO! ¡ESTAMOS CONDENADOS!" over and over. "Why can't I say that?" I asked. "It's bad luck! If you say that in a theatre, the performance you participate in is cursed!" Tina explained.

"Okay. Okay. Fine. I think I've practiced enough." I panicked grabbing my stuff. I walked out of the practice room and called Aunt Julie to come get me. "They're insane Camila. You're okay." I tried soothing myself.

**************

Paul: I found a pile of Polaroids in the crates of a record shop

Paul: I found a pile of Polaroids in the crates of a record shop. They were sexy-sexy looking back. From a night that time forgot, mhmm.

"There is no way they're making it to Nationals with just him singing. They always do this." I rolled my eyes.

Paul: Boy he was something debonair in 1979. And she had Farrah Fawcett hair. Carafes of blood red wine, mhmm

All: In the summertime, in the summertime

Then, Summer walked out in a Warblers outfit and you could hear the waves of everyone stunned in the audience. Our jaws dropped. "What the hell is this?" Puck scoffed.

Summer: Oh don't you wonder when the light begins to fade? And the clock just makes the colors turn to grey. Forever younger growing older just the same. All the mem'ries that we make will never change.

Paul and Summer: We'll stay drunk, we'll stay tan, let the love remain. And I swear that I'll always paint you. Golden days, golden days. Golden days, golden days.

Everyone rushed to their feet and began to cheer and scream for the first ever woman warbler. I stood up and walked out and everyone followed behind me. "This is so bad. They're gonna go down in history. They're definitely going to win." Matthew paced around in our dressing room. "When did she transfer? This must've been in the works for weeks." I crossed my arms and looked at my feet. "Well maybe your little bad luck incidents earlier wouldn't of let this happen." Brittany quietly said. I looked up quickly at her. "She's got a point." Santana added. "Stop! You guys shouldn't be talking like this!" Mr. Schuester butted in.

It got to the point that we were all arguing with eachother. "ENOUGH!" Finn roared, silencing us all. "Are you guys even thinking about what you're doing?! We all supposed to be united tonight and instead were arguing over superpositions!" "Uhm, it's superstitions babe." I poked him. "Yeah, what she said. Look, we all need to relax and calm down. They probably won't come true if we don't think about it. If you give into it, it'll happen. We all need to relax and focus on winning, not trying to rip each others extensions out or cup check each other over some myths." Puck lowered his head knowing he was the one who started it between the guys.

"Thanks Finn. Alright, everyone in." We put our hands together and dropped the tension. "We know we are winners. We know we will have that trophy in our hands. You guys are strong competitors and a family. Don't let anything get to you. Tonight was an example of what can stir just because we disagree. We must all stick together no matter what. Now get out their and crush those Warblers." We all chanted New Directions and headed out to the side stage once the lights flickered to indicate the team before us was on.

We all stood together and waited for the stage to be set for us. "I'm sorry about everything today, if we lose just know it's my fault." I looked at Finn. "No, I don't want to hear that. We WILL win, and the only thing you should be sorry for is being better than the Warblers." Finn corrected me. I looked back and waited for my que to walk out with everyone.