A Miracle

"HOLY FUDGESICLES." Finn screamed.

Everyone stared at him and I glared up at him, trying to figure out God knows why he screamed out. I looked directly ahead and saw thatvSanta was doing photos with kids in the middle of the town's square. "You're kidding." I gritted my teeth. "Come on Camila!" He grabbed my hand and started running. I tripped over my feet but luckily caught up to his running and got in line. "Finn I'm going to look ridiculous." I looked around at everyone who was smiling and watching all the little kids meet Santa. "Come on Camileon, get into the Christmas spirit." He pouted. We scooted up some and Finn jumped up and down a little on his heels. "What are you gonna tell Santa?" I asked.

"Well if I tell you then it may not happen." Finn replied. It was finally his turn and he walked up to Santa. They were so far away, so I couldn't understand them at all. I saw them both turn to me and Finn pointed at me directly, then explained something to him. Santa nodded and smiled, then replying back and giving Finn a candy cane. "Next!" He called. I walked up shyly and could feel my face turning red as I sat on his knee and he chuckled to me. "Hello there, what would you like for Christmas?" He asked. I looked at Finn and back at him. "Finn has done so much for me. And right now I'm in a tight spot on Christmas. Can you please send me a miracle?" I sighed. He was taken back, as I could tell, and smiled. "I've got your back." He winked. I thanked him and grabbed me a candy cane before hopping down off the sleigh and joining Finn, knowing that it was silly and Finn was going to be disappointed tomorrow waking up to no new drumset.

"That was so cool!" He squealed like a little girl. "Oh yeah, I'm so starstruck." I said sarcastically. Finn shoved me a little and I smiled. We continued walking down the town, window shopping and looking at the Christmas things here and there. "I can't belive Christmas is tomorrow. It makes me wonder why Santa is still here in Lima instead of getting ready." Finn ate his candy cane. "Probably making sure he has everything correct. Christmas always has to be perfect, right?" I looked up at him. "I bet those elfs are hauling ass in the north pole." He laughed. I looked at the time and it was around six pm. "Okay we gotta head back to your house." I grabbed my keys out of my pocket. Me, Aunt Julie, Finn, and Carol decided to have Christmas together since they were an addition to our family. Once we arrived, me and Finn went upstairs to change into some pajamas and just relax. Me and him slightly spooned in bed while we watched corny Christmas shows on his tv. I saw my phone light up on the side table and I picked it up.

Come down stairs quickly -Carol

"I'll be right back." I told Finn pulling his arm off my waist. I put on my reindeer slippers and headed downstairs to avoid the cold floor. I felt a cold breeze and found Carol at the front door with it open. "Yes?" I asked looking outside to see Ralph. "He has something for you?" Carol questioned before heading back to the kitchen to tend to the ham in the oven. "Hey Ralph, sorry about my attire but how can I help you?" I questioned stepping on the door mat outside so my slippers wouldn't get ruined by the snow. "Yes. I had a man come in and pay for this drum set that included drum sticks, warrenty, and a seat, but then he canceled it but told me to deliver it to this house exactly instead." Ralph looked over the paperwork.

My heart stopped for a split second.

"What was the man's name?" I asked curiously. "Nick Saint." He looked at the paper. "He ordered it over the phone then just canceled it for himself and gave it to you. He payed extra for it to be shipped since it's Christmas Eve and we usually don't work." He shrugged. "Oh....um...alright. Well we can just set it in the garage." I pushed the button on the wall and it opened. I moved things wound and kept my curiosity high as the movers set it in the garage and I looked at the picture of what it was.

It was the light up drums with the drumsticks Finn wanted and all.

"Have a Merry Christmas." I called after them before shutting the garage door. I covered my mouth in disbelief and rubbed my forehead. I looked up to the ceiling and smiled. "Thanks Santa." I whispered.

Later on, Finn was downstairs getting a glass of water. He spent about ten minutes down there, so I decided to go see if he was pkay and what he was doing. I told Julie and Carol about the drum situation, but of course not mentioning what happened earlier, and told them to make sure he never went into the garage if he came downstairs. When I made it down, I heard Carol and Finn talking and I listened quietly and hid behind the wall that was between the living room and the kitchen. "I set up mistletoe, but I better not see you two eating each others tongues for a long time under it." She pointed a wooden spoon at Finn and he smiled and lowered his head laughing. "Hey mom?" He asked. "Yeah baby?" "Do you want to know what I asked the Santa downtown earlier?" "Sure."

"I asked him to make sure Camila marries me one day."

A rush of tears automatically came to my eyes. I wiped them quickly and took a short breathe in. I finally turned the wall and they both look at me. I tried yawning to show I fell asleep while he was gone. "Hey, why don't you come up? Santa won't deliver if you're awake." I grinned. "Have you been crying?" Carol asked. "Yes" I screamed in my head. "No, just yawning so much." I stood next to Finn and rubbed his back. He kissed his mother goodnight and I hugged her tightly and kissed Julie goodnight before heading upstairs and snuggling close to Finn.

In the middle of the night, I had sworn I heard some bells.