Ang PangApatnapu't Apat

Slowly, my composed-self was regained and control came. Now, because of my Louboutin killer heels, my head reached his equally and equally, I returned his burning glares of my own version. 

"Its a pleasure to meet you..." The sole of my heel tapped in the marble tile of this residence. "Mr. Donofrio," I added. 

Matulis at nakakapako sa kinaroroonan ang mga titig na ibinibigay sa akin ni Ram. Napupuno iyon ng umaatikabong galit at nakakapasong pagtingin. Unti-unti akong ngumisi sa kaniya, inilalagay ang buhok sa kabilang balikat.

His bloodshot eyes followed the movement and burned patches on my exposed skin. The trail eventually met my eyes. 

"Seems like it'll be a serious business you two will dedicate yourselves to..." aking kumento atsaka malambing na kumapit sa braso ni Arjuna.

My hair was dangling at one side, and my expressive eyes was taking in everything that was thrown at me. Umigting ang panga ni Ram at unti-unting tumaas ang aking kilay.

His hair was a little shade darker, I noticed. The clothing he's so used to did only less to cover how thick his muscles had become. From his neck, to his shoulders and down to his legs. It was pure muscle. 

"Every business should be a serious one, Miss Cajucom..." Bahagya ang paghalos nito sa pang-ibabang labi gamit ang kaniyang thumb. Kumislap sa ere ang kaniyang diamond cuff links at mamahaling relos.

"Oh, I wouldn't be so sure about that." I batted my long jetblack eyelashes at him. 

Ang aking aksyon ay para bang panggatong sa lumalagablab na apoy sa kaniyang mga mata. Humigpit ang panga ni Ram at nagbadya na ang kunot-noo. Muntik na akong mapabunghalit ng sarkastikong tawa.

I matched his piercing eyes effortlessly. Nagkaroon ng hidwaan sa aming pagtingin ngunit ang kaniyang lamang ang lumalaban. I was just simply laid back, watching what will be his next move. My mouth twitched in amusement and his eyes followed every corner, every curve and the even texture of my chosen lip color. 

Due to natural phenomena, one strap of my crossed back cami top glided downwards. Napailing na lamang ako roon at kaagad na sinubukang ayusin.

Ram was scrutinizing every layer, every detail of me. I was so sure that the changes in me was the source of the wrath in his eyes. Pero, sadly in his part, he was no longer in control.

"I'm sorry I had to talk to my tita. She'd misheard the venue so I called someone to pick her up." Mayroong mga kamay na siyang tumulong sa akin sa pag-aayos ng strap. There were no traces of corruption in Sean's careful hands.

"Thank you..." I smiled at Sean and untangled myself on Arjuna's biceps. 

Mas lalo lamang naging ebidente ang poot sa mga mata at mukha ni Ram. His palms were turning into fists, knuckles turning white. Mariin ang kaniyang tingin sa aking balikat at sa kamay ni Sean.

My eyes rolled heavenwards, a mocking grin threatening to break into my face.

"So, where do you want to go, Chrissy?" bulong ni Sean sa akin. Nag-isip ako ng mga lugar ngunit matagal na rin akong hindi nakakapunta rito. 

"I don't know. You pick..."

"I hate it when you say that," kumunot ang noo ni Sean sa akin ngunit kumikislap ang kaniyang mga mata.

"Shall we, Mr. Donofrio?" yaya ng aking pinsan. 

Nagkibit-balikat muna ako kay Sean bago hinarap ang dalawa.

"Don't take too long, Arjuna. And remember, most opportunities are traps. Like a wolf wearing a sheep skin. So..." I smiled widely at my cousin. 

"Will do. Thanks!" Nakipag beso ito sa akin bago umalis, ang kaba sa kaniyang puso ay ramdam ko rin. Ito ang kaniyang unang proyektong hahawakan, and I felt bad for him, putting up with people like a Donofrio.